Any EPF21B builds managed to update to FRF85B?

This is a discussion on Any EPF21B builds managed to update to FRF85B? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; market seems slow to load pages...

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Any EPF21B builds managed to update to FRF85B?

set
    market seems slow to load pages

Quote Originally Posted by set View Post
    market seems slow to load pages
    Apps->Market->Clear cache (or reboot)

Quote Originally Posted by set View Post
    OTA has installed 2.2 FRF91

Thanks for all your help, can i assume i will continue to get any OTA's released by google now, without having to wait for VF.

also, i see there is a new mod coming from cyanogen, are the custom mods worth using?

rekon ive a bug for this now
    Enjoy your tasty froyo treats! Glad to be of help if I can.

With regard to updates, yes you can now relax, free from the shackles of vodafone, secure in the knowledge that any further OTA updates will not be blocked. Yaay!

I'm the same as you in wanting to try out other custom roms now like cyanogen. Now I understand the process, I can go back and forth customizing, its what the phone was built to do, so simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Floogle View Post
    If you get any problems give us a shout, I only did this yesterday so its still fresh in my head.
    I still can't seem to find a copy of the Google (OTA) file - all references seem to result in 'file not found'
    Have they been removed/renamed on the Google servers?

Yeah, it looks like they have been removed from the Google servers. I'm looking into it, and if I find anything useful for you I'll repost.

I have the file saved on my computer, but am struggling to think of a way I could get it to you. If you have any thoughts on that let me know.

Quick Question

I have a nexus on vodafone UK and have not received any update, and from what i have read wont do until vodafone make the "changes" they need. I have a T-mobile sim card which works in my Nexus. Will i get the update if i leave that sim in for day or so?

I can understand your thinking on that one, but the reason you haven't got this update is to do with the build number epf21b, which wont change if you put a different sim card in. You need to get rid of this build number before you can receive OTA at present

Yay now got froyo, Many thanks to Floogle and other forums. It took me a day though, mainly down to windows 7 and being a total noob, so I restarted the process at work on an xp machine. But it was worth it. Still cant believe Vodafone are gona butcher Froyo......Grrrrrr again many thanks to all who posted instructions

Well after Writing, looked at phone and have received the New FRF91 update whoop whoop cheers again......

If you change your build from stock do you waver all warranty rights?

I think so, but I was listening to an Engadget podcast and they said if its a hardware issue htc/google do not take this into consideration, although this may be incorrect.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links