how to move apps to sd

This is a discussion on how to move apps to sd within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by lionsson Developers have to enable App to SDcard. Here is an app to help find which apps are ready. Apps 2 SD ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to move apps to sd

Quote Originally Posted by lionsson View Post
    Developers have to enable App to SDcard.
    Here is an app to help find which apps are ready.

Apps 2 SD
    Go to market from N1

Thank you for this.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Quote Originally Posted by kalikokyle View Post
    ^^^^^^^^ ban him
    on july 27th
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Check out this blog How to force apps to move to the SD card on Froyo the green code blog , it's working for me.

The only issue I have seen is sometimes the moved apps don't show in the market. I just moved the app back to the phone and then back to SD and it shows up again. Also make sure to follow the advice about apps with widgets or streaming.

I used the force aps to install on sd described in this blog. How to force apps to move to the SD card on Froyo the green code blog

Afterwards I made a list of all apps like games, and simple utilities and moved safe programs to the sd. I also went back to the market to make sure all my apps showed up as installed. I also installed a new app and it installed on the sd. I also confirmed that I could move the new install to the phone. Not sure how the updates will work. Downloaded still shows up as downloaded and the right apps are on the sd. So far this seems to work fine. Just have to remember to move new apps that wont play nice on the sd.

Quote Originally Posted by deecee52 View Post
    Not sure how the updates will work. Downloaded still shows up as downloaded and the right apps are on the sd. So far this seems to work fine. Just have to remember to move new apps that wont play nice on the sd.
    I've had that function available since I manually updated, and the updates find themselves just fine. If your program is on the card, it updates on the card, and if it is on the phone, it updates on the phone. No problems with anything I have moved or downloaded straight to the card yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Not sure how the updates will work. Downloaded still shows up as downloaded and the right apps are on the sd. So far this seems to work fine. Just have to remember to move new apps that wont play nice on the sd.
    I've had that function available since I manually updated, and the updates find themselves just fine. If your program is on the card, it updates on the card, and if it is on the phone, it updates on the phone. No problems with anything I have moved or downloaded straight to the card yet.
    Have you updated to official froyo 2.2? Any problems? Did you have this enable previous to updating? I am at FRF83 with move to SD enabled.

[quote=jimbobalu;61810]
    Have you updated to official froyo 2.2? Any problems? Did you have this enable previous to updating? I am at FRF83 with move to SD enabled.
    Yes, I'm on the most recent (and final) version. So far no problems at all for me, everything is working smooth as silk. I think I'm obsessed with my phone.

[quote=Maris;61858]
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbobalu View Post
    Yes, I'm on the most recent (and final) version. So far no problems at all for me, everything is working smooth as silk. I think I'm obsessed with my phone.
    I'm certain you are the ONLY ONE, Maris! :rofl3:

Developers have to enable App to SDcard.
    Here is an app to help find which apps are ready.

Apps 2 SD
    Go to market from N1

Thanks a lot for this.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

I used the force aps to install on sd described in this blog. How to force apps to move to the SD card on Froyo the green code blog

Afterwards I made a list of all apps like games, and simple utilities and moved safe programs to the sd. I also went back to the market to make sure all my apps showed up as installed. I also installed a new app and it installed on the sd. I also confirmed that I could move the new install to the phone. Not sure how the updates will work. Downloaded still shows up as downloaded and the right apps are on the sd. So far this seems to work fine. Just have to remember to move new apps that wont play nice on the sd.
    Can you help me on this? I followed the direction the link you provided and apparently I'm stuck at the installation(in debugging mode). As the direction told, I was trying to install one device manually by locating the usb drivers folder in pdk file. However, the pdk file I downloaded doesn't have usb drivers folder. I downloaded from the link on the direction page. I looked everywhere but it seems only pdk zip file to download is the one I downloaded. What am I doing wrong here?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links