Froyo: Trackball Colors?

This is a discussion on Froyo: Trackball Colors? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by geckocavemen As I saw mentioned elsewhere, you can install Google notifier from the market to get trackball colors for email. It only ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 47

Thread: Froyo: Trackball Colors?

  1. #11
    Senior Member Syntax323's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    230
    Quote Originally Posted by geckocavemen View Post
    As I saw mentioned elsewhere, you can install Google notifier from the market to get trackball colors for email. It only works for gmail though, the generic email app still blinks white.
    I don't see a Google Notifier in the market... different name?

  2. #12
    Android Addict alphawave7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    609
    Thanked
    62 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntax323 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by geckocavemen View Post
    As I saw mentioned elsewhere, you can install Google notifier from the market to get trackball colors for email. It only works for gmail though, the generic email app still blinks white.
    I don't see a Google Notifier in the market... different name?
    GMail Notifier

  3. #13
    Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8
    Thanked
    10 times
    I'd perfer to have one program run all to notification so for the meantime I'll continue to just use Blink. The dev been keeping in touch with so hopefully they can come up with something to add the email and gmail support. Blink was originally designed for Nexus One so hopefully we can give feedback to help them get it working better for us. I really like blink and works great for me.
    Androidfied.

  4. #14
    Member NPuter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    I'd perfer to have one program run all to notification so for the meantime I'll continue to just use Blink. The dev been keeping in touch with so hopefully they can come up with something to add the email and gmail support. Blink was originally designed for Nexus One so hopefully we can give feedback to help them get it working better for us. I really like blink and works great for me.
    I would use Blink - but it just isn't useful for me right now...
    SMS Popup controls my sms - what I really need is a:
    SMS, GMail, EMail, GTalk, Voice, etc. app all in one...

    Or better yet, why doesn't google freakin add a setting to their apps to give us the trackball color option???

  5. #15
    Senior Member ap3604's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by NPuter View Post
    Or better yet, why doesn't google freakin add a setting to their apps to give us the trackball color option???
    Because they would much rather waste time coming up with stupid things like Google Maps Navigation and Froyo :rolleyes:

  6. #16
    Senior Member Syntax323's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    230
    Quote Originally Posted by NPuter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    I'd perfer to have one program run all to notification so for the meantime I'll continue to just use Blink. The dev been keeping in touch with so hopefully they can come up with something to add the email and gmail support. Blink was originally designed for Nexus One so hopefully we can give feedback to help them get it working better for us. I really like blink and works great for me.
    I would use Blink - but it just isn't useful for me right now...
    SMS Popup controls my sms - what I really need is a:
    SMS, GMail, EMail, GTalk, Voice, etc. app all in one...

    Or better yet, why doesn't google freakin add a setting to their apps to give us the trackball color option???
    Ya know, I wonder that myself.

    No hate on Google, but come on, they have time to make all these apps in the market, that april fools app, and for the huge FroYo update they couldn't throw in a app in the market for Trackball color notification, since a big part of what people wanted was exactly that.

    I mean, come on. You can't even find a decent one in the market that works for everything, you have to have like 90 different apps.

    /rant

  7. #17
    Member ThatGuy88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    94
    Awesome! I downloaded the Yahoo! mail app and now I get trackball notifications with the color purple

  8. #18
    Member NPuter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntax323 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NPuter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    I'd perfer to have one program run all to notification so for the meantime I'll continue to just use Blink. The dev been keeping in touch with so hopefully they can come up with something to add the email and gmail support. Blink was originally designed for Nexus One so hopefully we can give feedback to help them get it working better for us. I really like blink and works great for me.
    I would use Blink - but it just isn't useful for me right now...
    SMS Popup controls my sms - what I really need is a:
    SMS, GMail, EMail, GTalk, Voice, etc. app all in one...

    Or better yet, why doesn't google freakin add a setting to their apps to give us the trackball color option???
    Ya know, I wonder that myself.

    No hate on Google, but come on, they have time to make all these apps in the market, that april fools app, and for the huge FroYo update they couldn't throw in a app in the market for Trackball color notification, since a big part of what people wanted was exactly that.

    I mean, come on. You can't even find a decent one in the market that works for everything, you have to have like 90 different apps.

    /rant
    I completely agree...
    I looked through the froyo update package - and almost every one of googles apps have been updated... - they couldn't throw in a simple setting for trackball color in each??

    what we need is Trackball Alert pro... I downloaded it, and it is exactly what I am looking for (color led for most notification related apps)...
    However, it only works with custom roms, so it is a no-go for me... hopefully the developer updates it so stock froyo is compatible...

  9. #19
    Member killerbender's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    91
    other bug? is that trackball only light color with screen OFF, and only white with screen on

  10. #20
    Android Addict alphawave7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    609
    Thanked
    62 times
    Quote Originally Posted by killerbender View Post
    other bug? is that trackball only light color with screen OFF, and only white with screen on
    Not so much a bug, as it's by design...assumption being with screen on, you can see what app needs attention via notification bar.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Android Forum