Froyo: Trackball Colors?

This is a discussion on Froyo: Trackball Colors? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by fallacy Is there another option for changing your incoming/SMS/MMS trackball colors other than Blink? You'd have to install an SMS replacement app ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Froyo: Trackball Colors?

!

Quote Originally Posted by fallacy View Post
    Is there another option for changing your incoming/SMS/MMS trackball colors other than Blink?
    You'd have to install an SMS replacement app like Handcent and ChompSMS. I use Handcent SMS v3.1 Application for Android | Communication

Other than that, I don't know anything else for SMS. I'm rooted so run the TrackBall Alert app which literally allows you to change any alert color and how often it flashes.

[EDIT]
    You have to be running 2.2 Froyo to get the color options to work in Handcent or Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by fallacy View Post
    I dunno, even Gmail Notifier won't work.

I turn off the default Pulse notification in settings, follow all the instructions, turn the screen off.... and nothing..
    Try turning Pulse back on.

I use sms popup for SMS and gmail notifier for gmail...

I would LOVE something like trackball alert pro for stock froyo...

Quote Originally Posted by NPuter View Post

Agree 100% with you!

Since it would require root access for such an app, I wish Google would have just made it part of Froyo (like Gmail, Calendar, etc). But I guess it wasn't worth their time since there's not a lot of devices equipped with a trackball anymore.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NPuter View Post

Agree 100% with you!

Since it would require root access for such an app, I wish Google would have just made it part of Froyo (like Gmail, Calendar, etc). But I guess it wasn't worth their time since there's not a lot of devices equipped with a trackball anymore.

That's just the thing however. Google can't make something part of Froyo if it's a phone option. Agree with everyone on here, but I also understand why they would leave it out of an OS upgrade if it's only phone specific.

Personally I don't like having Yahoo, Gmail Notifier, and Blink all doing something one program could handle. It seems like it would take up unncessary resources. The people at Blink seems really interested in updating, but we have to understand also that Blink wasn't designed for N1, just so happened to work with it.

Also I think Google is more concerned of making apps that work across the board instead of just specific to one phone.

My suggestion is just to continue to monitor Market. I search under LED and it brings up the best search options for LED trackball along with the LED flash.

It will come. This is new for people that didn't design programs for Root users. I'm sure Trackball pro will come. I enjoy, however the colors I can get right now. I make my girl jealous with the purple notification since that's her favorite color. She hates my phones and quick frank, is jealous of it.

Androidfied.

my only gripe with the led colors is that it cant show you what you have missed if you have 2 different missed notifications.

if: missed call = red, missed sms = blue... you just get either one of those colors. i would love that if you have a missed call and a missed sms... trackball would alternate betweed red and blue to tell you that you have at least 1 of each.

hope this is possible and i hope that someone would get this into a working app.

***EDIT***
    alternating led colors is possible on stock froyo. just tried the "led disco beta" app from the market which makes the trackball blink in different colors.

Quote Originally Posted by antikryst View Post
    my only gripe with the led colors is that it cant show you what you have missed if you have 2 different missed notifications.

if: missed call = red, missed sms = blue... you just get either one of those colors. i would love that if you have a missed call and a missed sms... trackball would alternate betweed red and blue to tell you that you have at least 1 of each.

hope this is possible and i hope that someone would get this into a working app.

***EDIT***
    alternating led colors is possible on stock froyo. just tried the "led disco beta" app from the market which makes the trackball blink in different colors.
    Its possible to show more than one coloured LED, but (surprising) I was checking this last night too and if your trying to make the LED show two notifications together, it doesn't work

E.g I had a red LED for low battery and cyan for SMS, but when I got an SMS with low battery, it only tells me I have a new SMS and not low battery as well.

There are some Youtube videos showing LED notifications in succession, but I believe those are on Cyanogen mod ROMs

^^^ yup but i prefer running my nexus stock and unrooted. hopefully this can be done on stock since the disco app can do it.

^^^ yup but i prefer running my nexus stock and unrooted. hopefully this can be done on stock since the disco app can do it.
    Yes, I would have preferred the LED trackball notification settings to be put in the settings menu by default in Froyo. That way it would have been more streamlined, also gets rid of having to use like 3 apps to get LED notifications working nicely (with some limitations still!)

Perhaps this will be in Gingerbread (wow thats a long wait then )

Quote Originally Posted by FC1032 View Post
    Yes, I would have preferred the LED trackball notification settings to be put in the settings menu by default in Froyo. That way it would have been more streamlined, also gets rid of having to use like 3 apps to get LED notifications working nicely (with some limitations still!)

Perhaps this will be in Gingerbread (wow thats a long wait then )
    just hoping that someone comes up with 1 app. tried using blink + gmail notifier but if one color overrides others then its pretty useless to me. no point in just having the latest notification color... so i uninstalled them.

problem is... not all androids have led trackballs so building it in stock android would be a problem.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links