Froyo: Trackball Colors?

This is a discussion on Froyo: Trackball Colors? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by antikryst Originally Posted by FC1032 Originally Posted by antikryst ^^^ yup but i prefer running my nexus stock and unrooted. hopefully this ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Froyo: Trackball Colors?

Quote Originally Posted by antikryst View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FC1032 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by antikryst View Post
    ^^^ yup but i prefer running my nexus stock and unrooted. hopefully this can be done on stock since the disco app can do it.
    Yes, I would have preferred the LED trackball notification settings to be put in the settings menu by default in Froyo. That way it would have been more streamlined, also gets rid of having to use like 3 apps to get LED notifications working nicely (with some limitations still!)

Perhaps this will be in Gingerbread (wow thats a long wait then )
    just hoping that someone comes up with 1 app. tried using blink + gmail notifier but if one color overrides others then its pretty useless to me. no point in just having the latest notification color... so i uninstalled them.

problem is... not all androids have led trackballs so building it in stock android would be a problem.
    Oh yea, I forgot about that Thanks for bringing that up! Then I would definitely agree with you, someone should really write a unified LED trackball app for the Nexus.

I'm still using Blink + missed call + gmail notifier, and that override problem exists Also so far I haven't found an App that changes colour of the incoming call notification, it stays white! Any devs listening?

Blink is starting to have a mind of it's own. Even if there are no txt or missed calls, my trackball will still flash various colors. Also if I clear or read a message, it' still flashes. I even turned off the app and it still flashes when my screen is off. Hopefully a future update will fix some stability issues.
    BTW I don't have any other notification apps so I don't think its conflicting with any other app.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

I uninstalled Blink. Does not work reliably enough.

Is it possible to write a "global" trackball color app for non-rooted phones? I was looking at the Froyo API documentation, and I see where you can set the color for your own application's notification, but I didn't see any hooks for system-wide notifications.

I'm starting to write Android apps myself, and this issue is very unclear to me.

Maybe that's why we're not seeing more reliable applications on the Market yet. (And maybe that's why we need Google to step in if we ever want this ironed out!)

Stock Notifications since Froyo

I'm running a non rooted stock phone and just started getting a green light for Google Voice messages and blue for Facebook notifications.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanjay View Post
    I'm running a non rooted stock phone and just started getting a green light for Google Voice messages and blue for Facebook notifications.
    maybe thats why i didnt see the colors on stock. i have my facebook notifications off and i dont have google voice since im not in the US lol.

There are various apps that work for various notifications....

I agree that someone should write an app the unifies this (and yes, I would be willing to pay for it...)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links