Froyo pretty much takes the N1 from buggy/slow to king of the hill.

This is a discussion on Froyo pretty much takes the N1 from buggy/slow to king of the hill. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I'm not sure a day went by that I didn't question the decision to get an N1. From the screen being unresponsive (and thus, inaccurate), ...

Thread: Froyo pretty much takes the N1 from buggy/slow to king of the hill.

Froyo pretty much takes the N1 from buggy/slow to king of the hill.

I'm not sure a day went by that I didn't question the decision to get an N1. From the screen being unresponsive (and thus, inaccurate), force closes, bugs everywhere, to simply general sluggishness across the board. The N1 with stock 2.1 was a freakin DOG, to this poster.

Then Froyo came today and pretty much made my N1 what it should have been all along and then some. This thing is flying! Very responsive. My previous two phones were an iPhone 3G and a 3GS and right now I can honestly say that the speed/responsiveness increase from eclair to Froyo (on the same hardware) feels like a bigger leap than 3G to 3GS. That's saying something.

With this update, in my mind, the N1 has retaken the throne, I'm sure only temporarily but that's impressive for a phone released in Q1.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I wouldn't say the Nexus One was ever really slow with 2.1 I owned a G1 before it and man....with the Nexus One... it is like having a race car in my pocket. I don't even think I could (or ever really would) be able to pick up my G1 again. I hear ya though about Froyo 2.2. I still can't believe how much better and faster the update makes it although your not the first person nor the last person to tell me this. I am sure its going to be amazing and make it like a whole new phone for me. I have been waiting for years for the apps 2 sd feature (lets hope developers take advantage of it) not to mention the protable wifi hotspot feature. I just hope the OTA starts soon for me because knowing that its being sent out already makes me that much more anxious to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by ellesshoo View Post
    I'm not sure a day went by that I didn't question the decision to get an N1. From the screen being unresponsive (and thus, inaccurate), force closes, bugs everywhere, to simply general sluggishness across the board. The N1 with stock 2.1 was a freakin DOG, to this poster.

Then Froyo came today and pretty much made my N1 what it should have been all along and then some. This thing is flying! Very responsive. My previous two phones were an iPhone 3G and a 3GS and right now I can honestly say that the speed/responsiveness increase from eclair to Froyo (on the same hardware) feels like a bigger leap than 3G to 3GS. That's saying something.

With this update, in my mind, the N1 has retaken the throne, I'm sure only temporarily but that's impressive for a phone released in Q1.
    If you really want to enjoy froyo, download Launcher Pro from the market. It's a home replacement app that makes scrolling so smooth. Also you see that new dock their on the bottom? Imagine having 15 icons there; you just slice the dock (screen stays still) left or right.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post

If you really want to enjoy froyo, download Launcher Pro from the market. It's a home replacement app that makes scrolling so smooth. Also you see that new dock their on the bottom? Imagine having 15 icons there; you just slice the dock (screen stays still) left or right.
    I used launcher pro up until froyo. That thing would fc on me way too much. I still used it bc it was so much smoother than stock launcher. I don't think I can say that anymore. Scrolling the dock is basically the same as making the rest of your screen the "dock", doesn't suit me too well. Ill take the new, improved, and silky smooth stock launcher with its stability over launcher pro for now.

I would disagree with the statement that the N1 was a dog. I too have had a few issues with 2.1 but i did as well with my old 3gs. The N1 has always done so many things extremely well. With FroYo now its not even a question. I have used the Evo, Incredible, and the 3gs and I would say none can match the N1 in speed and smoothness. Launcher Pro is running better on FroYo than it did on 2.1. I would reinstall it. You also may have an app that is causing it to run poorly. If I could only choose one app to use it would be Launcher Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by nexus1inAZ View Post

I would disagree with the statement that the N1 was a dog. I too have had a few issues with 2.1 but i did as well with my old 3gs. The N1 has always done so many things extremely well. With FroYo now its not even a question. I have used the Evo, Incredible, and the 3gs and I would say none can match the N1 in speed and smoothness. Launcher Pro is running better on FroYo than it did on 2.1. I would reinstall it. You also may have an app that is causing it to run poorly. If I could only choose one app to use it would be Launcher Pro.
    Point taken. I just don't know if I'm willing to spend the time figuring out which program(s) are causing it to fc 3-4 times a day.

I just never had anything close to the buggyness/responsiveness/stability issues that I had on my N1 compared to my 3G & 3GS. In fact there was almost nothing the N1 was doing that I already couldn't do with my jailbroken 3GS, and it was very stable. I still use the 3GS as an iPod and I was always pissed how much better/smooth the touch and screen were than my newly purchased N1.

Now with Froyo the N1 is EASILY better than my quite elegantly jailbroken 3GS. That makes me happy.

I will totally decommission the 3GS iPod when Google or some dev makes a music player/manager and podcast player with 2x playback that's as good as the iPod app. I'm certain we'll get there, but I've tried pretty much everything in the market and we're not quite there.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links