Why root your nexus one?

This is a discussion on Why root your nexus one? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; agree with deel The use two different sets of radios that are not compatible for 3G. Anyone who says that they can make it work ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why root your nexus one?

agree with deel

The use two different sets of radios that are not compatible for 3G.

Anyone who says that they can make it work on both 3G networks is lying. 2G yes, they are compatible for that.

Sorry... When I re-read it there isn't much of a question, tho I believe it was implied, and yes, you are correct. I was asking if there were hardware differences between two models of the phone, and could a root unlock those differences to not be apparent (ie able to use a phone made for Tmobile to allow it operate on AT&T's 3G network)

And they answer is what I had thought. That there are indeed hardware differences and no amount of rooting will allow different data bands to be accessed, ergo I need to get one with an FCC ID of NM899110, and *not* NM899100

The thanks in advance was to say thanks for adressing my question. And you got to it really speedily! Cheers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links