Waiting for Froyo

This is a discussion on Waiting for Froyo within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; For those of us who have not yet been blessed - including me - could one of you chosen ones let me (us) know.............. Is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waiting for Froyo

Waiting for Froyo

For those of us who have not yet been blessed - including me - could one of you chosen ones let me (us) know..............

Is there a Cut and Paste feature for email and other apps included in Froyo or do I need to buy a different phone soon?

Thanks in advance.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Bump

Fifty folks have looked at this and there is no response?

Curious. Either Froyo is not going out all that fast or the sense of "community" is not compelling.

Anyone? Simple to answer let's make it a yes or no, eh??

Does Froyo have copy and paste functionality in the email app??

Yes (it does)
    No (it doesn't)

One word answers appreciated.

Why?

Thank you for the iPhone advert. I assume that this bit of cleverness must make you think that because iPhone has cut and paste that it is a viable alternative to my N1. Unfortunately I like to hold my phone when I talk to people which immediately causes that grand piece of engineering that does not have a consumer replaceable battery to drop the call. So thanks again for the video of the 20-something playing with his little toy. Now I hope one of the big boys will answer my simple question regarding cut and paste.

Quote Originally Posted by Excimer View Post
    Thank you for the iPhone advert. I assume that this bit of cleverness must make you think that because iPhone has cut and paste that it is a viable alternative to my N1. Unfortunately I like to hold my phone when I talk to people which immediately causes that grand piece of engineering that does not have a consumer replaceable battery to drop the call. So thanks again for the video of the 20-something playing with his little toy. Now I hope one of the big boys will answer my simple question regarding cut and paste.
    Don't worry about him. His name is Carl. He is a pet troll of this forum. He once bought a Nexus One to replace his iPhone but Steve Jobs had a mind control chip in his head that went off. Now the poor guy wonders into this forum posting pro iPhone propoganda. Just give him a quarter and ignore him. He'll go away soon.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Not soon enough

I thought we agreed that this forum was for adults. Oh, well. I will wait 'til it is after his bed time.

I thought we agreed that this forum was for adults. Oh, well. I will wait 'til it is after his bed time.
    It's almost time for his pills anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For those of us who have not yet been blessed - including me - could one of you chosen ones let me (us) know..............

Is there a Cut and Paste feature for email and other apps included in Froyo or do I need to buy a different phone soon?

Thanks in advance.
    I'm a little confused.. I'm still on 2.1, and I just checked: I can copy/cut/paste pretty much everywhere in an email except for quoted text... Is that what you meant?

Cut and paste

Often I need to cut a piece of the body of an email and then add comment in a new email and then cut and paste another piece. This functionality is only available in the SMS field and not in the email or gmail app.

Yes. Gmail has copy and past text.
    Sorry it took a while for me to reply...i just had to make sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Many thanks

And may we not hear from Carl and his ersatz toy phone for many a day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links