No OTA yet

This is a discussion on No OTA yet within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by jur1965 I can't say for sure but I have read in a previous post that a rooted user received the OTA and ...

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: No OTA yet

Quote Originally Posted by jur1965 View Post
    I can't say for sure but I have read in a previous post that a rooted user received the OTA and the install failed. If you get it you have nothing to lose but give it a go. Do a full backup just in v
    Case though

thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by cbagee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blackstar View Post
    Sorry if this has been covered...I'm rooted, does this mean I won't get notification and I have to do manual update?
    Who knows!!?? I've read various opinions, some say it will install if only the bootloader is unlocked, with no custom ROM. Then others I've read say just wait until this weekend and install the cyanogen custom ROM for froyo. Personally I think it is just plain goofy that the update is such a complicated mess. Still waiting on the OTA.

I do have the cyanogen rom, so i guess I'll have to wait and see if i get a notification.

Actually Google said most users would have the update by the end of the week. Not all users.
    Nexus One | News and Updates

Still waiting like an idiot - Bronx, NY

Why do you torment me so, Google?!

This is just crazy! Still no update in Las Vegas... ERE27 Tmobile. I wonder if Tmobile HSPA+ network has anything to do with it. I have tried everything to try and push the update OTA... from checking the server *#*#2432546#*#* to even using my home wifi network to see if that would help speed up the data feed. Still nothing! At times when I see any data actually downloading I think that maybe this is it and the notification will pop up on my screen at any moment... but sadly it never does. Its probably just checking my email and possible FaceBook Messages and Twiter Tweets.... otherwise if I just let it sit there... nothing no data usage up or down. The end of the week I guess would be tomorrow.... and it really bites being one of the last ones to get it. I work selling cell phones and this doesn't make me praise Google any by having to wait for an update that started a few days ago... which actually should have been pushed out a few weeks ago. I don't see why it takes so long to send out these updates. I mean how many Nexus Ones are out there anyways!? Must be a hellva lot more than I thought. I really like showing the Android O/S and what it can do... and with Flash and the portable wifi hotspot I am sure this could get more people on Android.... but Google likes to send little sprinkles here and there. Yeah thats it! our phones are the desert and the sprinkles are Froyo... here ya go.... there ya go... a dab... and a pinch. LOL Ok... the wait is driving me insaine! I have been waiting months... PLEASE PLEASE GOOGLE... SEND OUT THE REST OF THE UPDATES ALREADY!!!

Nothing for me yet either. Mostly with Bell in Calgary Canada. Have also poped in my AT&T sim and my Vodafone UK sim but still nothing. Done the *#*#CHECKIN#*#* tonnes of times but no dice.

Going to leave it on all night will my Bell sim and hopefully I'll get it by the end of tomorrow when I'll have to switch to AT&T (in which case I'll need to update via Wifi due --> unlimited data with Bell only).

No OTA yet here, in Beijing, using an AT&T version N1.

I hope OTA Google update servers aren't blocked here ... might try the manual check while logged into a VPN.

Again, no OTA here in AZ.

Quote Originally Posted by JBLmobileG1 View Post
    This is just crazy! Still no update in Las Vegas... ERE27 Tmobile. I wonder if Tmobile HSPA+ network has anything to do with it. I have tried everything to try and push the update OTA... from checking the server *#*#2432546#*#* to even using my home wifi network to see if that would help speed up the data feed. Still nothing! At times when I see any data actually downloading I think that maybe this is it and the notification will pop up on my screen at any moment... but sadly it never does. Its probably just checking my email and possible FaceBook Messages and Twiter Tweets.... otherwise if I just let it sit there... nothing no data usage up or down. The end of the week I guess would be tomorrow.... and it really bites being one of the last ones to get it. I work selling cell phones and this doesn't make me praise Google any by having to wait for an update that started a few days ago... which actually should have been pushed out a few weeks ago. I don't see why it takes so long to send out these updates. I mean how many Nexus Ones are out there anyways!? Must be a hellva lot more than I thought. I really like showing the Android O/S and what it can do... and with Flash and the portable wifi hotspot I am sure this could get more people on Android.... but Google likes to send little sprinkles here and there. Yeah thats it! our phones are the desert and the sprinkles are Froyo... here ya go.... there ya go... a dab... and a pinch. LOL Ok... the wait is driving me insaine! I have been waiting months... PLEASE PLEASE GOOGLE... SEND OUT THE REST OF THE UPDATES ALREADY!!!
    I'm also here in vegas. A buddy mine got his N1(att) last week or so ago, and he told me today he got his froyo update and his on att. I'm on tmo.

Quote Originally Posted by uheenada View Post
    Again, no OTA here in AZ.
    I heard that Google is boycotting Arizona.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links