No OTA yet

This is a discussion on No OTA yet within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; This is ridiculous... Still haven't got the update. Build number FRF72....

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: No OTA yet

This is ridiculous... Still haven't got the update.

Build number FRF72.

Just tried the Checkin code ... and instead of the usual "Success" with no update, I got:

java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read

Hmm ... maybe I'm checking too often ...

Just did a chechin myself. And the Froyo goodness started to download and is installing now. Be patients guys and gals Google said MOST users will get the update by the end of the week. We still have several hours before the end of week.

Finally!

I woke up to FroYo update message this morning. I had the manual 83 and was waiting on the final piece just to see how long it would take. It had a much longer startup than the manual update, so just about when I was getting worried the manual and OTA weren't playing nice together, it moved along and gave me my home screen. Whew!

Unrooted T-Mo in Mentor-on-the-Lake, OH

Quote Originally Posted by neutrino View Post
    I just received the update message in San Diego on T-Mobile. Unrooted N1 running stock ERE27. The download is 44.5MB in size.

Boo, I'm in San Diego and still no update unrooted N1 running FRF50 on T-Mobile.

No OTA yet. N1 ERE27 Tampa.

On 54B and still nothing. Doing checkin's every few hours.

i got 91 and my device is only one week old. it was shipped with 2.1 update 1 build 27.

i did the check in and then after clicking on success, i went to about>system update and there it was. make sure you keep wi fi on. it downloads quickly about 45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by JBLmobileG1 View Post
    This is just crazy! Still no update in Las Vegas... ERE27 Tmobile. I wonder if Tmobile HSPA+ network has anything to do with it. I have tried everything to try and push the update OTA... from checking the server *#*#2432546#*#* to even using my home wifi network to see if that would help speed up the data feed. Still nothing! At times when I see any data actually downloading I think that maybe this is it and the notification will pop up on my screen at any moment... but sadly it never does. Its probably just checking my email and possible FaceBook Messages and Twiter Tweets.... otherwise if I just let it sit there... nothing no data usage up or down. The end of the week I guess would be tomorrow.... and it really bites being one of the last ones to get it. I work selling cell phones and this doesn't make me praise Google any by having to wait for an update that started a few days ago... which actually should have been pushed out a few weeks ago. I don't see why it takes so long to send out these updates. I mean how many Nexus Ones are out there anyways!? Must be a hellva lot more than I thought. I really like showing the Android O/S and what it can do... and with Flash and the portable wifi hotspot I am sure this could get more people on Android.... but Google likes to send little sprinkles here and there. Yeah thats it! our phones are the desert and the sprinkles are Froyo... here ya go.... there ya go... a dab... and a pinch. LOL Ok... the wait is driving me insaine! I have been waiting months... PLEASE PLEASE GOOGLE... SEND OUT THE REST OF THE UPDATES ALREADY!!!
    I totally agree!!! What a way to run a railroad -- NOT! Especially, if I compare this to the system update process that Apple has for the iPhone. They don't seem to have a problem with overloading their server and they have so many more units out there than N1. So why can't Google with all it's server might do the same? Makes you wonder where Android sits in the Google hierarchy. Clearly, Apple has the iPhone as its number one product. Plus, the iPhone system update always erases any "jailbreak" on the phone that is being updated on itunes and installs the new stock iPhone update automatically. In contrast, rooted N1s must be manually reprogrammed to stock, which involves multiple precise steps known only to Android developers -- this is WAY too high maintenance! I love N1 and Android, but I just don't think they are serious about it like Apple is with the iPhone -- I mean look a the N1 marketing fiasco. My rant while still waiting on OTA ))))

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links