No OTA yet

This is a discussion on No OTA yet within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Still waiting in Beijing, China (with my AT&T version N1), although a friend here in Beijing got it about 12 hours ago (with his TMO ...

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: No OTA yet

Still waiting in Beijing, China (with my AT&T version N1), although a friend here in Beijing got it about 12 hours ago (with his TMO version N1).

Junior Member maverick_nexusone's Avatar
    Still nothing in Minneapolis...grrrr!

Wait is over!

Manual Update. All is good.

I want the OTA. I'm and old man, no hair to pull out, need that OTA now!
    :nexusx: Serious Android Fan :nexusx:

Don't see anything in a newer phone that gives me a temptation to leave my Nexus One!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    I want the OTA. I'm and old man, no hair to pull out, need that OTA now!
    LOL, I can relate to the hair well lack there of. I have the manual installs (three different copies of the same file) but am holding out because I want the OTA to come in ... like Christmas and the wait for that and opening presents.

I am hearing, being the weekend (and a Holiday weekend)... Google may not send anymore updates until Tues. possibly Wed. This REALLY doesn't help me because I am STILL waiting for the OTA update here in Las Vegas. I think this is really bad of Google to wait.... I mean can't they let a computer do the distibuting for them? Does someone honnestly sit at Google HQ's and press a button that sends out OTA updates!? It was bad enough getting my next day delievered Nexus One ONLY 5 days later because of a Holiday weekend!!! And now this!? I am starting to hate Weekends and Holidays! LOL And Google isn't making me very happy either. This has to be the worst and ssssllloooowwwweeeesssstttt update I have even experienced. The wait is nuts... and the checkin NEVER seems to work for me. I have done it so many times I can remember it by heart and probably enter it into my phones with my eyes shut. I also am starting to wonder how they determine who gets the update and when. I was thinking... could it be that Google looks at the apps on your phone... and the ones that may have issues with Froyo, Google will hold off your OTA update in hopes that the developer will update it to be Froyo ready? Again just a thought.... but I do wonder if some of my apps won't have any issues with Froyo since the developers seems to haven't updated in a while and I have had some of them since my G1 days. Who knows... I just hope Google surprises up with a GRAND FINALLY to go along with the Fireworks tomorrow and releases the OTA to every single person who owns a Nexus One. PLEASE Google... PLEASE... for the LOVE OF ANDROID give us OUR FROYO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JBLmobileG1 View Post
    I am hearing, being the weekend (and a Holiday weekend)... Google may not send anymore updates until Tues. possibly Wed. This REALLY doesn't help me because I am STILL waiting for the OTA update here in Las Vegas. I think this is really bad of Google to wait.... I mean can't they let a computer do the distibuting for them? Does someone honnestly sit at Google HQ's and press a button that sends out OTA updates!? It was bad enough getting my next day delievered Nexus One ONLY 5 days later because of a Holiday weekend!!! And now this!? I am starting to hate Weekends and Holidays! LOL And Google isn't making me very happy either. This has to be the worst and ssssllloooowwwweeeesssstttt update I have even experienced. The wait is nuts... and the checkin NEVER seems to work for me. I have done it so many times I can remember it by heart and probably enter it into my phones with my eyes shut. I also am starting to wonder how they determine who gets the update and when. I was thinking... could it be that Google looks at the apps on your phone... and the ones that may have issues with Froyo, Google will hold off your OTA update in hopes that the developer will update it to be Froyo ready? Again just a thought.... but I do wonder if some of my apps won't have any issues with Froyo since the developers seems to haven't updated in a while and I have had some of them since my G1 days. Who knows... I just hope Google surprises up with a GRAND FINALLY to go along with the Fireworks tomorrow and releases the OTA to every single person who owns a Nexus One. PLEASE Google... PLEASE... for the LOVE OF ANDROID give us OUR FROYO!!!

Lol.... Its Saturday night man, and you're ranting about a simple phone update?

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuy88 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JBLmobileG1 View Post

Lol.... Its Saturday night man, and you're ranting about a simple phone update?
    His luck has run out, Vegas style... I know it's a long walk to McCarran!:rofl3:

Gave up.... manual update using the "universal" zip file which took me from 54B to 91. First boot was really really long though - kinda thought it was pooched at that point. But a little patience and it finally completed and now all is good.

Finally got my update today-las vegas, nv. But when it ask to install update options, I hit install now, then reboot to recovery but then it came up with an error telling me update failure(can't remember the exact error msg). Does this mean I have to manually update then? Anyone has this issue? I'm rooted by the way. thanks...

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links