No OTA yet

This is a discussion on No OTA yet within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Is this for real? I'm beginning to wonder if Froyo is just Latin for 'practical joke'? Am I just the lead character in the Truman ...

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: No OTA yet

Is this for real?
    I'm beginning to wonder if Froyo is just Latin for 'practical joke'?

Am I just the lead character in the Truman Show and actually everyone on this thread is really good at Photoshop?
    I've started to use the Checkin routine to see if the mythical Froyo is out there. But now I'm beginning to wonder if Checkin merely activates my camera so everyone can see my frantic attempts to get the latest OS?

set
    Anyone know how i get from the vodafone uk build to froyo

currently on ERE30, it seems VF are stopping the update to froyo until they change it. rumour is the wifi hotspot fuction will be disabled on handsets acquired through vodafone

Got Froyo OTA today. On At&t.

Quote Originally Posted by set View Post
    ...it seems VF are stopping the update to froyo until they change it. rumour is the wifi hotspot fuction will be disabled on handsets acquired through vodafone
    What is the basis of this rumour?
    Not sure how one SP can control the OS for their customers only? Surely, if they attempt this then customers will just download the appropriate update directly?

Quote Originally Posted by Reteb View Post
    ...it seems VF are stopping the update to froyo until they change it. rumour is the wifi hotspot fuction will be disabled on handsets acquired through vodafone
    Not sure how one SP can control the OS for their customers only? Surely, if they attempt this then customers will just download the appropriate update directly?
    It's my impression that the update is independent of your carrier. I received my update last night from Google and it was clearly downloading quickly over my Wifi, and I know this because I have terrible T-mobile data service at home and the 44 Mb file would be taking forever to come down. I did notice that a furry of posts here showed others were getting it in the same batch. I'm in New Mexico, but I saw that the others were from USA east coast and elsewhere so I doubt if its geographical. My Eclair build was ere27, perhaps the pecking order is related to that? Did you get the 2.1 update 1 OTA when it was released? I did, and it was similar to the OTA process last night. Good luck!!

This worked for me!
    I tried it a few times the day previous, then tried it last night and it worked. I followed it word for word.

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...6-checkin.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bronto View Post
    But not for me.
    It wouldn't be quite so bad if it didn't say "Your system is currently up to date" ...which it clearly isn't!!!

Mind you I prefer eclairs to frozen yogurt! Maybe the damned system knows this?!

set
    Vodafone handsets are running EPF30, there is no froyo build for this yet, i assume vodafone "own" this build.

Vodafone handsets are running EPF30, there is no froyo build for this yet, i assume vodafone "own" this build.
    Have you guys seen the thread dealing with VF issues? Lemme find it right quick...

Long read, but worth it:
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...te-frf85b.html

I'm running EPF21B

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links