No OTA yet

This is a discussion on No OTA yet within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Thanks Carl...

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: No OTA yet

Thanks Carl

Why?

Thank you for the iPhone advert. I assume that this bit of cleverness must make you think that iPhone is a viable alternative to my N1. Unfortunately I like to hold my phone when I talk to people which immediately causes that grand piece of engineering that does not have a consumer replaceable battery to drop the call. So thanks again for the video of the 20-something playing with his little toy. Now I hope one of the big boys will answer my simple questions regarding cut and paste that I have posted elsewhere.

ERE27 in UK, still no OTA

No OTA here, Phoenix, AZ, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Gone View Post
    So it looks like no one from T-mobile has gotten the OTA yet...smh
    I'm guessing their weak servers are to blame? You noticed most of AT&T user's got theirs this past Monday when they 1st rolled it out. But the good thing is that you have Google's official word that all N1 users will have it by the end of this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Syntax323 View Post
    No OTA here, Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Same here, Prescott Valley, AZ. I'm glad I'm not the only one in AZ

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuy88 View Post
    I'm guessing their weak servers are to blame? You noticed most of AT&T user's got theirs this past Monday when they 1st rolled it out. But the good thing is that you have Google's official word that all N1 users will have it by the end of this week.
    I don't think it's carrier dependent. I'm not 100% positive but the carriers do not have control over the updates(at least N1). What I heard is OTA is available in the order of IMEI. Google simply switch on the OTA and the N1 phones regardless of carriers simply check in for updates and alerts the owners. Then the owners simply use their prefer method(3g, wi fi, etc) to download.
    No?

Quote Originally Posted by uheenada View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuy88 View Post
    I don't think it's carrier dependent. I'm not 100% positive but the carriers do not have control over the updates(at least N1). What I heard is OTA is available in the order of IMEI. Google simply switch on the OTA and the N1 phones regardless of carriers simply check in for updates and alerts the owners. Then the owners simply use their prefer method(3g, wi fi, etc) to download.
    No?
    100% correct, at least for AT&T. I've been told it's the same with TMo, but I don't know if their offering it at a subsidized price for a 2 year means they got to have some say specifically on those with a contract.

Anything purchased via Google should be 100% getting an OTA from Google only.

Maybe Google is going alphabetically A comes before T.
    I bought my Nexus One for T-Mobile on the Google website with no two year contract. I am hoping we have our OTA by Friday.

No OTA here in las vegas, nv yet. But it sure is hot as hell!

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links