Some Q's about the "Dust Under Screen" problems.

This is a discussion on Some Q's about the "Dust Under Screen" problems. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi there, I'm interested in buying a Nexus One soon, but I've been hearing about this dust that easily gets trapped under the screen problem ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some Q's about the "Dust Under Screen" problems.

Some Q's about the "Dust Under Screen" problems.

Hi there, I'm interested in buying a Nexus One soon, but I've been hearing about this dust that easily gets trapped under the screen problem and it's kinda putting me off from getting it.

I'm a part-time OCD and perfectionist and something like this could pose as a problem for me.

After searching for awhile, most of the topics I've read were around Jan '10 ish, and around this time there aren't as much topics about this problem as there were before. This leads onto my Q's.

1) Is this a problem that relates to EVERY N1 handset? Or is this a batch problem?

2) Did they fix this problem in the later months (like from April onwards), or are the phones still the same as when people first got them back in Jan?

3) Will a case and protector solve this problem? I'm playing to get the tough cash from case mate, but I've heard dust can still get inside via the unprotected parts.

Thanks for your help guys.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

had mine since jan/feb and ive no dust to report here mate and i work in construction

Had mine since Jan and no dust to report either....and I work in a dirty office.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Bought mine in early Jan and put ghost armor on it a week later. Dust under the lower left corner of the screen.

Annoying, but only when indirect sunlight is shining across the screen. Almost getting annoying to the point where I'm going to start investigating possible solutions, but haven't yet.

Well I bought my Nexus One, willing be arriving tomorrow along with my Gelli Case. Fingers crossed, no screen clicking, dust trapping or dead/stuck pixels please

Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Account View Post
    Well I bought my Nexus One, willing be arriving tomorrow along with my Gelli Case. Fingers crossed, no screen clicking, dust trapping or dead/stuck pixels please

Thanks guys.
    It's going to be perfect! Congratulations and welcome to your new obsession.

No problems with dust been using it sense April.
    One Nexus To Rule Them All!

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    No problems here, but every time my screen gets smudgy i wipe it with a special screen cloth, so that is a factor

I really am disappointed. First thing I notice when I get my NEW nexus one out of the box, DUST already under the screen. What should I do now..?

Quote Originally Posted by Account View Post
    I really am disappointed. First thing I notice when I get my NEW nexus one out of the box, DUST already under the screen. What should I do now..?
    lol it went the same for my n1. It was annoying at first BUT you'll get used to that in no time. In fact I've been messing with my n1 for nearly 4 months and I seldom noticed the dust.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links