Froyo Wifi Tether Widget?

This is a discussion on Froyo Wifi Tether Widget? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; does something like this exist? or is there an app that can make a shortcut to the settings? couldnt seem to create a shortcut with ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Froyo Wifi Tether Widget?

  1. #1
    Senior Member antikryst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    168

    Froyo Wifi Tether Widget?

    does something like this exist? or is there an app that can make a shortcut to the settings? couldnt seem to create a shortcut with the froyo default shortcut widget.

  2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

  3. #2
    Senior Member Sheanzy_nexusone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by antikryst View Post
    does something like this exist? or is there an app that can make a shortcut to the settings? couldnt seem to create a shortcut with the froyo default shortcut widget.

    I'm not sure , I simply just put the Settings shortcut on my home screen. That what I don't have to use the app drawer =). It would be good to have a WiFi Tether widget...but hell, I'm still awing over FroYo itself! lol


    :nexusx:

  4. #3
    Senior Member antikryst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by antikryst View Post
    does something like this exist? or is there an app that can make a shortcut to the settings? couldnt seem to create a shortcut with the froyo default shortcut widget.

    I'm not sure , I simply just put the Settings shortcut on my home screen. That what I don't have to use the app drawer =). It would be good to have a WiFi Tether widget...but hell, I'm still awing over FroYo itself! lol


    :nexusx:
    couldnt seem to create a shortcut that leads directly to it.... thats the problem

  5. #4
    Android Lurker maris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    0
    I'm sure it won't be long before some clever dev makes one.

  6. #5
    Senior Member sexusone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    139
    I don't think the current sdk allows it yet, u can get a small app search for wifi hotspot. It's only 15kb in size and allows you to out a shortcut on your home screen allowing direct access to the hotspot settings page where u can quickly tick the hotspot function

  7. #6
    Senior Member antikryst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by sexusone View Post
    I don't think the current sdk allows it yet, u can get a small app search for wifi hotspot. It's only 15kb in size and allows you to out a shortcut on your home screen allowing direct access to the hotspot settings page where u can quickly tick the hotspot function
    Can I get a link or a barcode? Couldn't find out in my market

    That should never enough for me


    Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

  8. #7
    Senior Member sexusone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    139
    im not sure how to generate a barcode or link,

    but its called "wifi hotspot settings" by stephen Mcbride

  9. #8
    Android Jr Member Fury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    67
    Thanked
    8 times
    Twitter
    Nd1razor
    Not a widget, but a shortcut

    Hold on the main screen, add shortcut, settings and select the one you want. will take you to the direct menu

  10. #9
    Senior Member sexusone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by Fury View Post
    Not a widget, but a shortcut

    Hold on the main screen, add shortcut, settings and select the one you want. will take you to the direct menu
    none of those shortcuts take you to the tethering page, with the app i mentioned before, its 2 clicks to enable wifi hotspot or usb tethering.

  11. #10
    Android Lurker maris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    0
    If you use Google Voice dialer, you can say "Open Wireless Settings" and it takes you to that page in the settings which is pretty darn close. Doesn't seem to understand "hotspot" or "tethering."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Android Forum