Froyo Wifi Tether Widget?

This is a discussion on Froyo Wifi Tether Widget? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; does something like this exist? or is there an app that can make a shortcut to the settings? couldnt seem to create a shortcut with ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Froyo Wifi Tether Widget?

Froyo Wifi Tether Widget?

does something like this exist? or is there an app that can make a shortcut to the settings? couldnt seem to create a shortcut with the froyo default shortcut widget.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by antikryst View Post
    does something like this exist? or is there an app that can make a shortcut to the settings? couldnt seem to create a shortcut with the froyo default shortcut widget.

I'm not sure , I simply just put the Settings shortcut on my home screen. That what I don't have to use the app drawer =). It would be good to have a WiFi Tether widget...but hell, I'm still awing over FroYo itself! lol

:nexusx:

Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by antikryst View Post

I'm not sure , I simply just put the Settings shortcut on my home screen. That what I don't have to use the app drawer =). It would be good to have a WiFi Tether widget...but hell, I'm still awing over FroYo itself! lol

:nexusx:
    couldnt seem to create a shortcut that leads directly to it.... thats the problem

I'm sure it won't be long before some clever dev makes one.

I don't think the current sdk allows it yet, u can get a small app search for wifi hotspot. It's only 15kb in size and allows you to out a shortcut on your home screen allowing direct access to the hotspot settings page where u can quickly tick the hotspot function

Quote Originally Posted by sexusone View Post
    I don't think the current sdk allows it yet, u can get a small app search for wifi hotspot. It's only 15kb in size and allows you to out a shortcut on your home screen allowing direct access to the hotspot settings page where u can quickly tick the hotspot function
    Can I get a link or a barcode? Couldn't find out in my market

That should never enough for me

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

im not sure how to generate a barcode or link,

but its called "wifi hotspot settings" by stephen Mcbride

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    Not a widget, but a shortcut

Hold on the main screen, add shortcut, settings and select the one you want. will take you to the direct menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fury View Post
    Not a widget, but a shortcut

Hold on the main screen, add shortcut, settings and select the one you want. will take you to the direct menu
    none of those shortcuts take you to the tethering page, with the app i mentioned before, its 2 clicks to enable wifi hotspot or usb tethering.

If you use Google Voice dialer, you can say "Open Wireless Settings" and it takes you to that page in the settings which is pretty darn close. Doesn't seem to understand "hotspot" or "tethering."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links