Post Your Tether Speeds

This is a discussion on Post Your Tether Speeds within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; well since froyo is out, lets see what kind of speeds you all are getting while tethering...

Thread: Post Your Tether Speeds

Post Your Tether Speeds

well since froyo is out, lets see what kind of speeds you all are getting while tethering

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Geeezzzz....

Let's not start this. Tether speeds will be IDENTICAL to your 3G speeds. No different.

I often think about what an immense load these speed tests put on the networks. Then people complain that the network is too slow......

actually the highest i ever got on my phone was about 4.5 down 1.6 up
    speed test takes about what? 30 sec to do? not a big deal IMO...

Quote Originally Posted by mush03 View Post
    actually the highest i ever got on my phone was about 4.5 down 1.6 up
    speed test takes about what? 30 sec to do? not a big deal IMO...
    My point was:
    1) Tethering uses your 3G so there is never going to be a difference between your tethered speed and your 3G speed.

2) Speed tests waste tons of network bandwidth on networks where people are already complaining that they are too slow.

I wouldn't doubt that half of the 3G network usage is nothing but speed tests.

ayo beer goggles, not busting your chops..

but thats att. the worst network known to man.

i switched from them to tmo finally and ive got nothing but good things to say. When i had att.. i couldnt even send a freaking text message.. let alone make a phone call.

I live in DC and it was horrible for a long time, I can't imagine people in SF and NYC deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by azzman View Post
    ayo beer goggles, not busting your chops..

but thats att. the worst network known to man.

i switched from them to tmo finally and ive got nothing but good things to say. When i had att.. i couldnt even send a freaking text message.. let alone make a phone call.

I live in DC and it was horrible for a long time, I can't imagine people in SF and NYC deal with.
    AT&T's network, in general, is no worse than any of the others. I know that they have trouble in some cities, but overall the do have the fastest 3G network. I know that it's very fashionable to knock them.

I, personally, can not even remember the last time that I had a dropped call. Also, the speeds that I get around here are great.

But this all has absolutely nothing to do with the original point....

Tether speed = 3G speed period!

So there's no need for a whole other set of "tether speed tests".

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links