froyo FRF91!!

This is a discussion on froyo FRF91!! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I'm here in Brussels. It all comes in automatically, just agree to do it then let it roll. These updates are location/carrier independent. First observations, ...

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: froyo FRF91!!

All automatic

I'm here in Brussels. It all comes in automatically, just agree to do it then let it roll. These updates are location/carrier independent.

First observations, brightness control is more sensitive. For those who bought the N1s in January, like me you were probably annoyed about not being able to see the screen in summer sunshine. But this has a direct effect on the battery life, so I notice this depleting faster. Good job I have a N1 dock.

TerD

have you guys got any OTA's yet?

My OTA update from Froyo FRF50 is happening right now. I'm in Germany on O2 although I bought the phone unlocked and just went on O2 myself. I updated manually to Froyo on the first day when that first build was leaked and we all got it here. Since then I've had no updates but right now I'm getting one.

Version I ended up with is : FRF91
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

I just got the FRF91OTA update from FRF83. I'm on T-Mobile here I'm Atlanta.

Just got the frf91 ota from epe54b

I just got the frf91 ota

I manually updated to FRF83 last week, and this morning my phone said an update was available...I just received the FRF91 OTA update.

FRF91 in Central Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by NPuter View Post
    Just got the frf91 ota from epe54b
    I just received my first update since I bought my N1. Loaded FRF91 this morning while I was out in the barn feeding the livestock. This build is the first upgrade I've ever had and it is noticeably quick all around. It's not a blazing difference but it is noticeable and I like it. Things like the the mini menu at the bottom of the home screen to access the phone functions or the browser. Nice touch. Everything I have tried this morning is just a little quicker and smoother. Even the app page looks smoother and pretty.

I had considered the manual upgrade because I was feeling impatient but I just didn't have the time to sit in front of the computer to figure out the instructions for downloading and patching the FRF54B that was running so I waited.

The installation was painless, mostly because I didn't even bother to watch it because I left my phone in the house and went out to feed. When I came back 20 minutes later, it was done and restarted and everything, without my help or intervention. Pretty smooth and totally easy.

Just wanted to add this little report...

Hi All,

Amazed by Google's speed of updating! Hats of to google , just happy I dint buy the desire :P FRF85B running here still I wonder why I dont get the OTA's I have done a checkin as well but no update, will do it manually if it dosent come by 2 days like everyone else I want that sexy OTA notification :D

Cheers to all.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuy88 View Post
    Same here, except I've only updated to FRF72. I feel manually updating any further is useless, Google can provide the official and I won't have to bother...
    I don't think FRF72 will get any OTA. I waited for mine for a while. Everyone says you have to either downgrade to FRF50 or upgrade to FRF83 (which I did). But even after updating to FRF83, I got tired of waiting and manually upgraded to FRF85B. Then my OTA FRF91 came in today.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links