Update from FRF50??

This is a discussion on Update from FRF50?? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I just checked my wife's Nexus One and she currently has build FRF50 of 2.2. All the links I've seen for manually updating indicate files ...

Thread: Update from FRF50??

Update from FRF50??

I just checked my wife's Nexus One and she currently has build FRF50 of 2.2. All the links I've seen for manually updating indicate files for updating from EPE54B or FRF83.

Is there a link to a file for manually updating from FRF50?

Thanks,
    Rick

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Yes, there is. http://android.clients.google.com/pa...5.dc39ca1f.zip

1. Download the update from one of the links above.
    2. Rename the file to update.zip. Note that if you're using Windows, just rename it to "update" (no quotes, of course) because it's already a zipped file.
    3. Copy the update.zip file onto your microSD card.
    4. With your Nexus One off, hold down the trackball and press the power button.
    5. You'll be booted into a white screen with three Android robots on skateboards. Select "Bootloader."
    6. On the next screen, select "Recovery."
    7. Your phone will reboot, giving you a picture of the Android robot and an exclamation point inside a triangle.
    8. Now press the power button and volume up button at the same time. It could take a couple of tries.
    9. Now (using the trackball this time) choose "Apply sdcard:update.zip" and let things run their course.

(Note: Before doing step 9 you can also run the "wipe cache" option. This has been known to help with the soft key accuracy on the nexus one (optional. This causes no data loss.)

(Link and instructions courtesy of XDA)

Quote Originally Posted by Demiurge View Post
    Hmmm... clicking the above link gives me a "not found" error.

Rick

Hmm, good catch. Wonder if it got pulled due to the 91 release? Hopefully they'll put out a anything to 91 release for you.

Try searching around for the universal update to FRF85B. If you can find that hosted somewhere else (or find someone like me who still has it on their storage card ) and then you can grab the update to 91 when you're done.

Quote Originally Posted by Demiurge View Post
    Hmm, good catch. Wonder if it got pulled due to the 91 release? Hopefully they'll put out a anything to 91 release for you.

Try searching around for the universal update to FRF85B. If you can find that hosted somewhere else (or find someone like me who still has it on their storage card ) and then you can grab the update to 91 when you're done.
    I've been searching all over the place. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any update files.Looks like Google pulled all the files they had up and I haven't found anywhere else that has them.

As you said, hopefully Google will release one )to 91) that she can use. I think they have to. Not everyone had even received the OTA to 85B yet.

Rick

I think you're right. I'll email you the update file that I have, if you're interested. Of course, you'll have to realize I'm sending an update.zip file to you, so you won't be able to verify the name of the file, as I already renamed it. Additionally, you'll be receiving an unknown, unverified file from someone you really don't know at all.

But, if the above works for you, I'm more than happy to shoot it off via email. Then you can flash the 91 as well when you're done

all links are broken, possibly becasuse the release of FRF91

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links