Google CEO: Nexus Ond was so successful we dont need a Nexus Two

This is a discussion on Google CEO: Nexus Ond was so successful we dont need a Nexus Two within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Since all the noobs usually ask "Should get a Nexus One or wait for the Nexus Two?" the guys over @XDA found this juicy little ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google CEO: Nexus Ond was so successful we dont need a Nexus Two

Unhappy Google CEO: Nexus Ond was so successful we dont need a Nexus Two

Since all the noobs usually ask "Should get a Nexus One or wait for the Nexus Two?" the guys over @XDA found this juicy little article where Google's CEO let's everyone know there is NOT going to be a Nexus Two

Google's Eric Schmidt: You can trust us with your data - Telegraph

I guess Ill hold onto my Nexus One as long as I can but when it eventually breaks down it looks like we are all going to be back under control of the carriers SIGH...

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Yeah I just read this. I guess this is a good thing for us, cause our phone is not completely dated just yet. Google obviously still see potential in the Nexus one!!!

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    I didn't necessary get that they weren't going to make any more Nexus phones. It sounded like they phone was so goodly built they didn't have to have another made to test out the Android product. IMO I think he's just saying they didn't need two phones doing the same thing.

I still believe they will make a N2 and have that geared for the Gingerbread power OS.

N1 for the power of Froyo
    n2 for the power of Gingerbread.

Maybe.
    Androidfied.

This is GREAT news to me. Sorry for all the people who are sad over this... but I don't really want to end up with a $500+ outdated device right after getting it. This is one reason why I left my G1 and moved onto the Nexus One... because I knew Google would continue to update it so long as its hardware could handle the O/S (which we all know the Nexus One still has some impressive specs to this day)... and so far it looks like its very possible Gingerbread would run on the Nexus One without any problems (atleast when it comes to required specs). I mean WHAT is wrong with your Nexus One that you want a Nexus Two? I could understand if it wasn't able to handle the latest and greatest updates and O/S. Its still a quality built and very sexy piece of hardware. Plus... if Google released a Nexus Two that would pretty much make the first one a failure because its still being released in other countries with a possible rumor that Tmobile will carry it in the US. And a newer version would also more than likely cause it to not recieve the latest and greatest updates first like it has been.... now would you want that? I really can't see them improving and making a better phone anyways... atleast one that would continue to have a good battery life and have even better specs. Sure they could throw in a faster processor (2Ghz) and a better camera (10MP). A 1Ghz is still plenty fast for a mobile phone not to mention a 5MP camera that actually takes good photos. Seriously... why would you want a higher MP camera on a phone? Are you going to be blowing up and making poster size pictures? If anything... I would rather have a zoom feature than more mega pixels... which could probably be done with software. So... before you get all sad.... why not be happy with what you have now (its still a killer phone) and save that extra money that you evidently have? Lets all help sell the Nexus One and get the word out how great it is... not hope that there will be a Two. Because then there will be a Three and a Four probably every year to follow... and who in the heck really wants that?

Quote Originally Posted by JBLmobileG1 View Post
    This is GREAT news to me. Sorry for all the people who are sad over this... but I don't really want to end up with a $500+ outdated device right after getting it. This is one reason why I left my G1 and moved onto the Nexus One... because I knew Google would continue to update it so long as its hardware could handle the O/S (which we all know the Nexus One still has some impressive specs to this day)... and so far it looks like its very possible Gingerbread would run on the Nexus One without any problems (atleast when it comes to required specs). I mean WHAT is wrong with your Nexus One that you want a Nexus Two? I could understand if it wasn't able to handle the latest and greatest updates and O/S. Its still a quality built and very sexy piece of hardware. Plus... if Google released a Nexus Two that would pretty much make the first one a failure because its still being released in other countries with a possible rumor that Tmobile will carry it in the US. And a newer version would also more than likely cause it to not recieve the latest and greatest updates first like it has been.... now would you want that? I really can't see them improving and making a better phone anyways... atleast one that would continue to have a good battery life and have even better specs. Sure they could throw in a faster processor (2Ghz) and a better camera (10MP). A 1Ghz is still plenty fast for a mobile phone not to mention a 5MP camera that actually takes good photos. Seriously... why would you want a higher MP camera on a phone? Are you going to be blowing up and making poster size pictures? If anything... I would rather have a zoom feature than more mega pixels... which could probably be done with software. So... before you get all sad.... why not be happy with what you have now (its still a killer phone) and save that extra money that you evidently have? Lets all help sell the Nexus One and get the word out how great it is... not hope that there will be a Two. Because then there will be a Three and a Four probably every year to follow... and who in the heck really wants that?
    Well spoken:nexusx:

This article makes me bummed out also. Looks like I will be buying the dual processor Vision that is due for release later this year possibly on tmo. 2gig processor, with gingerbread on it. That phone would be amazing. I will always love my N1 though.

One of the deciding factors in my getting a Nexus One was my sister telling me that it is "future proof".

The article is pretty clear. They brought in the best hardware available at the time and launched with the newest Android out there to SHOW the other companies how powerful it could be. Because Motorola, HTC, Verizon, Samsung, etc jumped on board with powerful devices they didn't have to keep going.

It is likely they will probably do another phone because it seems no other manufacture is interested in a Vanilla version, and Google will need to conitue to make in-house and develepment phones, with the pace of technology it could be next year, but maybe longer...
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post
    The article is pretty clear. They brought in the best hardware available at the time and launched with the newest Android out there to SHOW the other companies how powerful it could be. Because Motorola, HTC, Verizon, Samsung, etc jumped on board with powerful devices they didn't have to keep going.

It is likely they will probably do another phone because it seems no other manufacture is interested in a Vanilla version, and Google will need to conitue to make in-house and develepment phones, with the pace of technology it could be next year, but maybe longer...

Yeah that's exactly what I got from the article. Like I suspecting the N1 will be the flagship for their Froyo and the N2 will be the flagship for the gingerbread and up.
    Androidfied.

This is good news IMO. I'm not sure why any N1 user would want an N2 any time soon, it's kinda nice being Google's golden child.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links