Which Indian Carrier best for Nexus One

This is a discussion on Which Indian Carrier best for Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi All,I am going to use my nexus one in India soon in the state of Karnataka, now what carrier do you recommend to get ...

Thread: Which Indian Carrier best for Nexus One

Which Indian Carrier best for Nexus One

Hi All,I am going to use my nexus one in India soon in the state of Karnataka, now what carrier do you recommend to get internet service plus call quality. I am kind of new to the indian carriers , I wanted an unlimited internet service , I heard 3G hasnt come to India yet is that right? EDGE will do for now! how much is it?Thanks,Rahul

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by rahulras1993 View Post
    Hi All,I am going to use my nexus one in India soon in the state of Karnataka, now what carrier do you recommend to get internet service plus call quality. I am kind of new to the indian carriers , I wanted an unlimited internet service , I heard 3G hasnt come to India yet is that right? EDGE will do for now! how much is it?Thanks,Rahul
    i am using my nexus on airtel E network in bangalore.
    3G does exist in india from a long time. BSNL/MTNL are current providers. I use BSNL 3G also sometimes and speed is excellent.
    Airtel/Reliance/Vodafone are rolling out their 3G services by end of year,
    so that's the reason i am sticking to airtel for now.

Hi Sir,

Thanks for the info. So how much do you pay a month for Airtel EDGE network? Is it possible to pay monthly for the internet and use prepaid still?

Also I am guessing that when you say you are using BSNL 3G you have a BSNL sim surely?

I have had a reliance network before to tell you the truth they have a drop out range almost everywhere!! I used to use AirTel for roaming from Wataniya and it used to work just fine!

Oh and how much do you think 3G would cost by the end of the year?

Thanks for your help!

Rahul

AGA

Froyo 2.2

is Froyo 2.2 available as OTA in india yet?
    Just checking.
    thanks,
    AGA

I'm Using Airtel EDGE, and MTNL WiFi

Airtel Edge is Pretty kay.. as long as i dont try to watch streaming videos, etc!

Basic browsing is fine.

i wait to get home to my WiFi for major streaming/updates

Quote Originally Posted by AGA View Post
    is Froyo 2.2 available as OTA in india yet?
    Just checking.
    thanks,
    AGA
    Froyo 2.2 should be avaliable via OTA in every country . I was in Kuwait at that time and I got the OTA there , if you are not getting the OTA just do a manual install it works fine too!

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post

Airtel Edge is Pretty kay.. as long as i dont try to watch streaming videos, etc!

Basic browsing is fine.

Well I know a few friends of mine who are getting like 256 kbps etc. on Edge which amazes me , they are on Nokia handsets right now I am on Reliance and its the worst operator ever but I am thinking between Idea and Aircel in Karnataka

Thank you Rahul,

I am a long standing AirTel user, have been with them since 2001...

I would be lying if i were to say we have not had any rough patches, but, as TSPs go... i don't find anyone comparable in India (though Vodaphone does entice me...sometimes... :D )

Quote Originally Posted by rahulras1993 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post

Basic browsing is fine.

Well I know a few friends of mine who are getting like 256 kbps etc. on Edge which amazes me , they are on Nokia handsets right now I am on Reliance and its the worst operator ever but I am thinking between Idea and Aircel in Karnataka

Not a problem, Nice to hear from a N1 user

Well I just got an Aircel pack because I thought their internet was good because of their advertisments of the pocket internet move over the calling service and it works okay I get about 52 kbps and it fluctuates I live in Karnataka by the way.

Aircel has better coverage atleast than Reliance and I have got some good offers so I am pretty happy with Aircel.

Reliance is just a cheat company

Airtel well I did try their internet from my sisters SIM, but all I got was GPRS and not even EDGE so I immediately disregarded it maybe the network here in Mangalore is slow.

Pls join

The N1F India Forum here -

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/g...one-india.html

Thank you

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links