HELP with Froyo 2.2 OTA update, my screen froze!!

This is a discussion on HELP with Froyo 2.2 OTA update, my screen froze!! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Here is what happened: I am using a stock nexus one, unrooted, and I previously manually updated to FRF50. When FRF 72 came out, i ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP with Froyo 2.2 OTA update, my screen froze!!

HELP with Froyo 2.2 OTA update, my screen froze!!

Here is what happened:
    I am using a stock nexus one, unrooted, and I previously manually updated to FRF50. When FRF 72 came out, i tried to manually update, but when followed the steps of manual installation, the screen will say "recovery image not found" and then the update process would take forever and froze on the "X" screen.
    I thought i wasn't doing it right, so I waited for the OTA update.
    The OTA update came this morning, and I tried to update, but the same thing happened: It frozed on the "X" screen!! I waited for almost two hours, yet nothing happened.
    I had to take the battery out and restart it, good thing my phone wasn't bricked!

Help!! Does anyone know what is wrong with my N1? Howcome I couldn't update? Does it have anything to do with the error message "recovery image not found"? If yes, what should I do?
    Please kindly provide detail instructions, since I am not very familiar with what to do.

Here is more info about my current build:
    build number FRF 50
    Kernel version 2.6,32,9-27220-g328f560
    android-build@apa26#1
    baseband version 32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.12_7

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Are you sure you have the update file on your SD card? And did you make sure it is renamed to update.zip and not update.zip.zip?

Yes, I made sure i named it right and put it in the root of my SD card.
    However this morning what I tried to install was the OTA update!
    It asked if i want to install it and I selected yes, and that's all.
    What do you think is wrong?

Funny that you actually got the OTA (while so many others are still waiting), yet you're not able to actually install the update.

Can you try manually updating to FRF83 or FRF85B first?

1. First thing you have to do is rename your update file to update.zip.
    2. Copy the update.zip file onto your microSD card.
    3. With your Nexus One powered off, hold down the trackball and press the power button.
    4. You'll be booted into a white screen with three Android robots on skateboards. Select "Bootloader"
    5. On the next screen, select "Recovery"
    6. Your phone will reboot, giving you a picture of the Android robot and an exclamation point inside a triangle.
    7. Now press the power button and volume up button at the same time. It could take a couple of tries.
    8. Now (using the trackball this time) choose "Apply sdcard:update.zip" and let things run their course.

When did you get your error message? After Step 5? Did you ever get to Step 6 (picture of an Android robot with an exclamation point inside a triangle)?

My error message appeared right after step 3. It would briefly say that the "recovery image not found" and then would load into the big "X" sign. Then my screen was frozen there. Never saw the 3 android robots on skatboards...

You mean you haven't even selected "Bootloader" yet, and it spits out the error message already? Hmmm... Doesn't sound too good.

I just shut down my N1 and went into fastboot screen just fine. Make sure you press-and-hold the trackball the entire time. I then pressed and released the power button, while still pressing down the trackball.

You should see a screen like this (although mine has different lines of text):

I tried it again. It is still freezing on the big "X" on reboot. I went pass step 5, but never got to the exclamation point inside a triange.

Quote Originally Posted by iluvHKSSC View Post
    My error message appeared right after step 3. It would briefly say that the "recovery image not found" and then would load into the big "X" sign. Then my screen was frozen there. Never saw the 3 android robots on skatboards...
    Try just naming it update with no. Zip that's what I did and it work fine.
    One Nexus To Rule Them All!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links