For anyone looking to manually update from EPF21B to FRF85 /91

This is a discussion on For anyone looking to manually update from EPF21B to FRF85 /91 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi everyone, Here is the link for anyone wanting to manually upgrade their European N1 to froyo. Its the best guide I've found as yet. ...

Thread: For anyone looking to manually update from EPF21B to FRF85 /91

For anyone looking to manually update from EPF21B to FRF85 /91

Hi everyone,

Here is the link for anyone wanting to manually upgrade their European N1 to froyo. Its the best guide I've found as yet. As always, follow it at your own risk, Make sure you backup your settings....

szeiger.de Blog Archive Updating European N1 from EPF21b to FRF85b

Enjoy!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Floogle View Post
    Hi everyone,

Here is the link for anyone wanting to manually upgrade their European N1 to froyo. Its the best guide I've found as yet. As always, follow it at your own risk, Make sure you backup your settings....

szeiger.de Blog Archive Updating European N1 from EPF21b to FRF85b

Enjoy!
    You've done it already ?! This guide seems good enough and I think I'm going to give it a try as well.

Thanks for sharing!

Hey bzuuuu,

Going through the process at the moment, just waiting on Mega slow download speeds on my PC to set up android sdk in order to manually unlock...

I'm annoyed enough with vodafone to attempt this manual update with all the risks involved. I don't want an emasculated froyo experience on my N1!

i have frf50, can i use this anyone know? im from the states

Quote Originally Posted by Floogle View Post
    I'm annoyed enough with vodafone to attempt this manual update with all the risks involved. I don't want an emasculated froyo experience on my N1!
    Same here, mate!... Same here! :D

Well, so far I have managed to unlock the bootloader, and that's about it. I now have to flash the three partitions to ERD79 I think, and I'm not 100% on the procedure for doing this. If anyone has some pointers for flashing the rom please feel free to share. And if any instructions could be in newb format, that would be great!

Astros, I do believe it will work on yours because you will be taking it back to a completely stock image (erd79) and then to frf85. Question is, I would have thought you could just manually update straight from frf50 to 85 by saving the frf85 file to your SD card as update.zip, then going into bootloader and recovery, and apply update.zip.

If anyone is having trouble flashing the recovery partition then give a quick post and I will do a step by step noddy guide, as this was something that took me a while to figure out not having done it before.

does anyone have a link to a new download as the one the Guy gives in the guide is no longer there.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links