Nexus One GMail Help!

This is a discussion on Nexus One GMail Help! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Okay, I've searched all over and cannot figure out how to delete my 'primary' account without doing a factory reset. I want to basically replace ...

Thread: Nexus One GMail Help!

Nexus One GMail Help!

Okay, I've searched all over and cannot figure out how to delete my 'primary' account without doing a factory reset.

I want to basically replace the current email with another. I do not want to integrate e-mails and have my 'primary' account being sent to my new one. I want to get rid of my other account all together.

I chose to remove my primary account and I get this message:

Is there any way to remove this account without a factory reset and losing all my downloaded apps and etc.

I have also tried to go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications and tried to clear data from the GMail app itself. I also read a guide to clear data from 'Google Apps', however, I could not find it.

I appreciate all your help! :nexusx:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

All the apps you have purchased and downloaded are tied to the primary account on your Nexus one. If you do remove that account (if it would let you) you will loose your downloaded apps along with your contacts etc.

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    All the apps you have purchased and downloaded are tied to the primary account on your Nexus one. If you do remove that account (if it would let you) you will loose your downloaded apps along with your contacts etc.

I just did factory reset. Unfortunately I had to re-install FroYo. I backed up my apps with ASTRO and took out the SD card before resetting so it didn't wipe the SDcard as well.

The whole Email system is a pain in the ass lol. Having to click individually all emails to delete is a pain.

I hope it works and that the apps you backed up come back from the restore.

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    I hope it works and that the apps you backed up come back from the restore.

It worked. All the apps backed up on my SD flawlessly installed back onto my phone. The only bad thing... I had to reorganize everything lol.

Exported my contacts from my old Primary Gmail acc and imported those onto my new one. No problems at all.

Thanks again for your help.

Very good and you're welcome.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links