S.o.s. Need help

This is a discussion on S.o.s. Need help within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I just got the FroYo update OTA. So I up dated and I had helixlauncher2 on. Now since the up date; the screen stays black ...

Thread: S.o.s. Need help

S.o.s. Need help

I just got the FroYo update OTA. So I up dated and I had helixlauncher2 on. Now since the up date; the screen stays black and a notification keeps popping up saying "helixlauncher2 is un-able to load." It only gives me the option to close the notification, but then immediately it pops right back up. Non of the soft keys above the track ball will do anything. They still vibrate as if I pushed em but since the screen is black and with the error notification popping up all the time, theres nothing I can do.

Do you think if I link my phone to the comp and try to remove the helixlauncher, will that fix my problem?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

bump.

i really could use some help

I read about this on another forum somewhere:

If the Nexus One is freezing or won’t start properly, you may want to try to start it in Safe Mode. Safe Mode will allow you to start the smartphone with the default software running so you have a chance to disable any software you’ve installed that may be causing the problem.

Perform these steps:

1. Power the device off. Take the battery out if it won’t turn off normally.

2. Power the device on.

3. When the logo appears, press and hold the Menu button. (some say use trackball if menu doesn't work)

4. Continue holding the Menu button until you see the home screen.

The words Safe Mode should appear in the lower left corner if you performed the steps correctly.

Then you can go to Applications and for Helix select clear defaults and then remove it.

thanks for that. it does work at first and then before i can do anything it shuts down and re-boots.

called google tech support and talked to a rep. he was able to help me out and now I'm back up and running Froyo.

If anyone else runs into this issue. I can help out. It wasn't too painfull.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links