*#*#checkin#*#*

This is a discussion on *#*#checkin#*#* within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; It didn't work for me either. I wish I could get that darned update!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *#*#checkin#*#*

Junior Member AndroidFan_nexusone's Avatar
    It didn't work for me either. I wish I could get that darned update!

Worked for me too!

It's rebooting now. It's got a picture of a white box with a yellow arrow coming out of it and the green android next to it.

ATT version in Santiago, Chile. Entel pcs.

UPDATE: it took a long time to reboot. It stayed on the sparking multicolored X for about 3 minutes then restarted normally. It shows 2.2 FRF91.

JUST worked for me... rebooting...

Quote Originally Posted by ddd269 View Post
    It's got a picture of a white box with a yellow arrow coming out of it and the green android next to it.
    That "white box" is a Frozen Yogurt box - signifying FroYo coming to Android.

Tried it several times this past week with my EPE54B and it never worked. Manually updated to FRF85B on Wednesday or Thursday. Performed checkin on Friday and instantly received the FRF91 update:confused:

Thanks for the tip! The hotspot feature alone is worth the wait!

Btw. Mine was stock. No manual update or rooting. I think it was EPE54B.

Did it 3 hours ago and it updated to FRF91 wooot so happy. In las vegas t-mobile.,

FINALLY!!! I have been using that checkin code ALL day... and nothing. After reading that there may not be any more updates until Tue. or Wen. because of the weekend and Holiday.... I sorta gave up. However, about 10pm I heard a message go off on my phone (with the glowing light). I figured it was another email because thats all I've been getting all day. As I turned my phone on to see what email I had I noticed the message to update. WOOHOO!!! Its amazing!!! First thing I did was download the Flash Player.... and its Awesome to see Flash running on a phone. But... the thing I have been waiting for the most was the portable wifi hotspot. I have been wanting to try it with my Playstation 3 to see how well it would work. All I can say.... is with Tmobiles HSPA+... it is FASTER than Clear's so called 4G Wi-Max. Yes you heard correctly.... it was MUCH faster. Funny thing is they are partners of Sprint and I believe help supply their 4G network.... or something along those lines. Tmobile's network blows it away!!! Now although I didn't play any games (yet) I did search the Playstation market and right away I noticed that the icons loaded way faster. I also played some video clips to movie previews and was able to play them with no pausing what so ever. I even downloaded a short video game trailer to see how fast it would download... and it probably downloaded it in half the time that Clear would have. ALL I can say is WOW... Froyo with Tmobile's HSPA+ is AMAZING!!! In fact... this post was done using my PC and the portable wifi hotspot. All I can say is for anyone who still hasn't recieved the update... your in for a REAL treat!!! The good news is Google is still pushing it out from what it seems... so hopefully everyone will get it by tomorrow. Have a Happy 4th everyone and enjoy your Froyo!!!

Junior Member AndroidFan_nexusone's Avatar
    I tried check in on Saturday night and nothing. So I tried again Sunday morning, went out for a while, and then when I checked my phone there it was!

Funny thing about the update - my hubby was having trouble getting any wi-fi on his iPhone, so I turned on my mobile hotspot and bang! He was on wi-fi! :rofl3: I give him a week before he wants a N1.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links