*#*#checkin#*#*

This is a discussion on *#*#checkin#*#* within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; For those that have not recieved the Froyo update try entering *#*#checkin#*#* into your dialer to force the update. I was running 2.1 and tried ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *#*#checkin#*#*

*#*#checkin#*#*

For those that have not recieved the Froyo update try entering *#*#checkin#*#* into your dialer to force the update. I was running 2.1 and tried it and it updated me to 2.2 and the latest build FRF91.

checkin (type *#*#2432546#*#* into dialer) and wait for ‘checkin succeeded’ notificationimmediately turn phone off, and turn it back ongo to settings>about phone>system updates and… voíla. The updates waiting for you. You’re welcome.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by jchocolate99 View Post
    For those that have not recieved the Froyo update try entering *#*#checkin#*#* into your dialer to force the update. I was running 2.1 and tried it and it updated me to 2.2 and the latest build FRF91.

checkin (type *#*#2432546#*#* into dialer) and wait for ‘checkin succeeded’ notificationimmediately turn phone off, and turn it back ongo to settings>about phone>system updates and… voíla. The updates waiting for you. You’re welcome.
    Doesn't work all the time. I tried doing it all week. It will only work when your area is ready to receive the update and your phone hasn't done a checkin to the servers itself already.

It's not a bad thing to try, since it is also the last day of the update(supposedly).

You shouldn't have to turn your phone off either. I did mine and it popped up almost right away saying system update.

Yay! This worked for me. I was running an earlier version of froyo, typed this in and the ota showed up immediately.

It didn't work for me.

[quote=Syntax323;62643]

It's not a bad thing to try, since it is also the last day of the update(supposedly).
    last day to update? where u read that from?

they said MOST phones should get the update by the end of the week (today)

[quote=mush03;62725]
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntax323 View Post

last day to update? where u read that from?

they said MOST phones should get the update by the end of the week (today)
    Dont know why thats qouting me as saying that

I tried this and got "checkin success", but no 2.2. I'm still on 2.1.

Inaccurate to call it a 'force update'..it simply bypasses your phone's check-in schedule, and tells you when the update is in queue for your unit. It's a waste of time to run 'checkin' more frequently than every hour or so...but I know that won't stop many of you from doing so! :rofl3:

I went shopping to WalMart and was SO hoping when I came home and my Nexus One had WiFi again that the update would chime in...No such luck.

didnt work on mine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links