Memory Increase frop frf91?

This is a discussion on Memory Increase frop frf91? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; From everything Id heard froyo would release the rest of my onboard memory. I checked and it's the same as before if not less. What ...

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Memory Increase frop frf91?

  1. #1
    Android Lurker dudedidtheplan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    0

    Memory Increase frop frf91?

    From everything Id heard froyo would release the rest of my onboard memory. I checked and it's the same as before if not less. What gives?

  2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

  3. #2
    Senior Member geckocavemen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    114
    The memory on my nexus one went from about 100m to over 240m when I installed 2.2. You may want to try a task killer. You might have a lot of apps running in the background which could make it appear as though you have less memory.

  4. #3
    Android Lurker dudedidtheplan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    0
    No. That's not the problem. I only have 196 mg of ram.

  5. #4
    Junior Member Beer Goggles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    No. That's not the problem. I only have 196 mg of ram.
    You are confusing RAM and ROM.... the ROM space is the same. You get more usable RAM with 2.2.

  6. #5
    Junior Member Mr Patchy Patch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    No. That's not the problem. I only have 196 mg of ram.
    You are confusing RAM and ROM.... the ROM space is the same. You get more usable RAM with 2.2.

    When you say more usable RAM with 2.2 do you mean under settings,sd card and phone storage and internal phone storage i should have more mb's available? If so, I didn't get anything when I installed 2.2 im also on FRF91 right now.

  7. #6
    Junior Member Beer Goggles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Patchy Patch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    No. That's not the problem. I only have 196 mg of ram.
    You are confusing RAM and ROM.... the ROM space is the same. You get more usable RAM with 2.2.

    When you say more usable RAM with 2.2 do you mean under settings,sd card and phone storage and internal phone storage i should have more mb's available? If so, I didn't get anything when I installed 2.2 im also on FRF91 right now.
    No, both "phone storage" and "SD card" are not RAM.

    In reality the ROM used in these devices it not really ROM but R/W Solid State storage. RAM is where your programs run. That is what got the increase with 2.2

  8. #7
    Junior Member Mr Patchy Patch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Patchy Patch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post

    You are confusing RAM and ROM.... the ROM space is the same. You get more usable RAM with 2.2.

    When you say more usable RAM with 2.2 do you mean under settings,sd card and phone storage and internal phone storage i should have more mb's available? If so, I didn't get anything when I installed 2.2 im also on FRF91 right now.
    No, both "phone storage" and "SD card" are not RAM.

    In reality the ROM used in these devices it not really ROM but R/W Solid State storage. RAM is where your programs run. That is what got the increase with 2.2
    Ahhh ok....well thanks for clearing that up for me. When I installed 2.2 I was a little disapointed when I checked sd card and phone storage and seen my internal phone storage was the same when everyone else got a huge boost lol.

    Do you mind telling me how I can see how much RAM I now have available with 2.2?

    Also, Im running my Nexus One on the Rogers Wireless Network which I believe is GSM. When I go into *#*#4636#*#* to check phone info it is set on WCDMA preferred. Should I change that to GSM or just leave it as is? Yeah, Im somewhat a NOOB at this stuff.

    Thanks

  9. #8
    Junior Member Beer Goggles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Patchy Patch View Post
    Ahhh ok....well thanks for clearing that up for me. When I installed 2.2 I was a little disapointed when I checked sd card and phone storage and seen my internal phone storage was the same when everyone else got a huge boost lol.

    Do you mind telling me how I can see how much RAM I now have available with 2.2?

    Also, Im running my Nexus One on the Rogers Wireless Network which I believe is GSM. When I go into *#*#4636#*#* to check phone info it is set on WCDMA preferred. Should I change that to GSM or just leave it as is? Yeah, Im somewhat a NOOB at this stuff.

    Thanks
    Try installing one of the many system information apps from the market.

    Not sure about Rogers, maybe one of the many Canadian Rogers users can help there.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Sync Issue??
    By G2 Forum User in forum HTC G2
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-25-2010, 02:15 PM

Search tags for this page

how to increase extend internal memory of google nexus one.

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum