Frf91

This is a discussion on Frf91 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by Floogle Originally Posted by mattwallis I'm In uk and I still have 2.1 no OTA for me yet either. I Don believe ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frf91

Quote Originally Posted by Floogle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattwallis View Post
    I'm In uk and I still have 2.1 no OTA for me yet either. I Don believe anyone has the 91 ota in uk yet. If peeps say they have I think they are BSing.
    In order to be able to receive ota updates on UK build nexus at the moment mate, you have to manually update to frf85. Vodafone haven't released their version of the froyo update, and they've blocked the official ota. Look for the thread 'anyone managed to upgrade epf21b to frf85?' on this forum, it will explain all this
    Thanks mate. Do I have to root my phone to update to frf85

Hi Matt, no you don't need to root your phone, but you do have to manually unlock the boot loader. Its supposed to invalidate the warranty, but that's also a bit of a grey area. For me I thought it was worth it in order to have the proper Google release of froyo (which is awesome).

For details on how to manually update epf21b to frf85, check out the thread 'for those wanting to manually upgrade epf21b to frf85' in the general discussion area. I posted a link to a really good guide on how to do this.

That's great mate I think it will be worth it too I've been waiting too long checking everyday. The wait Is over. Ill post if it works.

If you run into any problems give us a shout

still waiting lol,i'm on frf85b manual update and on orange uk

Got my FRF91 today Took a total of 5 minutes. Sydney, Australia

This is the first Froyo build I've got OTA, every other build was manual update

hi there,

i got frf91 a few hours back. I manually updated from stock to froyo frf85b, after this update i had some issues with the battery life and the twitter app. Also no sounds are coming up the powering or turning off the device.
    I hope that with frf91 at least the battery issue gets resolved. Befire froyo I would get like 2-3days battery like with WIFI, GPS, Account Sync, Twitter enabled. I did not used my carrier 3G network for data access. Now with froyo i get like 1 day battery life with the same sevices enabled.
    anyone else had battery issues with froyo?

Quote Originally Posted by alzakx View Post
    hi there,

I hope that with frf91 at least the battery issue gets resolved. Befire froyo I would get like 2-3days battery like with WIFI, GPS, Account Sync, Twitter enabled. I did not used my carrier 3G network for data access. Now with froyo i get like 1 day battery life with the same sevices enabled.
    anyone else had battery issues with froyo?
    LOL looks like you've joined the rest of us mere mortals that only get a days worth of power out of it... when I was on stock 2.1 my nexus would only last a day - day & a half with everything I was doing.

I guess froyo is more juicy on the internet with flash player perhaps, or maybe the increased speed of the processor has something to do with it..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links