Swype doesn't work with 2.2

This is a discussion on Swype doesn't work with 2.2 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by rioja Every time I flash an update I have to re-install Swype. But it always works after the re-install. If you're using ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Swype doesn't work with 2.2

Junior Member AndroidFan_nexusone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    Every time I flash an update I have to re-install Swype. But it always works after the re-install.

If you're using the official beta, just go to Settings > Applications > Manage applications and uninstall from there, BUT leave the Swype Installer intact. Then just run the installer again to download Swype for re-install.
    Well I screwed up and uninstalled the installer. So now I have no Swype. I tried reinstalling but now it says that my user name/password is not recognized. Bummer...

Man, I so wish we had a facepalm smilie here...

[quote=AndroidFan;63314]
    Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    I tried reinstalling but now it says that my user name/password is not recognized. Bummer...
    I had that happen once early on in the first beta. I knew it was the correct password because I could use the same combo to log onto the beta site, but it absolutely would not work for the installer. If you email them they will send you a new installer. They have a good customer support.

Maris is right, time to email them for help.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny cizzle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    Thanks all. Uninstalled and reinstalled and it works again. That was a close one!!! When are they releasing a non-beta version to the masses?
    I don't know that they will

Why wouldn't they?

Thanks all. Uninstalled and reinstalled and it works again. That was a close one!!! When are they releasing a non-beta version to the masses?

Why wouldn't they?
    It's not clear that direct sales are in their business model. It looks like they may be planning on going the OEM route. Would be a shame if they did, but it probably takes a lot of customer support headaches off their hands.

I have ALWAYS been able to get a new installer to download using the link given to me in my email after beta sign-up. One can entirely clear their phone of both Swype and Swype Installer and start fresh, using the installer link in their email. I had to test Swype install several dozen times, before resorting to a factory refresh, as Swype simply wouldn't 'swype' for me. I had to have my Swype account downloads reset (they have a numerical limit) to accomplish this, but staff was helpful throughout my testing, and reset my account downloads several times...turns out the bug was indeed on my end, and a factory reset fixed the issue.

edit: additionally, one needs to use the very latest installer..I initially had v1.0, and they have revamped the installer. I suspect those trying to use v1.0 installer could run into issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post

Why wouldn't they?
    It's not clear that direct sales are in their business model. It looks like they may be planning on going the OEM route. Would be a shame if they did, but it probably takes a lot of customer support headaches off their hands.
    this is what i understand to be the case also. they are more interested in getting their software OEM. the beta is out( i think )to build interest for the software
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

I'd pay $ for it. They should put it on android market for 10 or 20 bucks. I'd buy it.

I logged in with the exact email and password that worked on the computer at beta.swype.com, but it never seems to accept it. What can i do?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links