"Newbie" question about teathering..

This is a discussion on "Newbie" question about teathering.. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by alphawave7 Originally Posted by tonybhoy Originally Posted by alphawave7 Most certainly. The graphics of a full site use much more than a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Newbie" question about teathering..

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tonybhoy View Post

Most certainly. The graphics of a full site use much more than a mobile version...still, when a mission-critical event is on the line, the data is worth it...that's why I bought it in the first place. Most of my data usage is from extraneous audio and video streaming...not tethered surfing. Perhaps I need to find a decent data meter in the market...anyone know of one?
    i use netcounter,have you tried that
    Nope...I haven't worried about data at all, but now I'm curious! Will give it a go!
    its ok gives you daily,weekly and monthly use for 3g and wifi

i use netcounter,have you tried that
    Nope...I haven't worried about data at all, but now I'm curious! Will give it a go!
    Can I set a start/stop time...so that I can test how much a hour of streaming audio consumes, for example?

Can I set a start/stop time...so that I can test how much a hour of streaming audio consumes, for example?
    just tried it,if you long press it gives you a graph or a meter,also think i can reset it to zero,so its possible check what you've used in an hour oh and its free

just tried it,if you long press it gives you a graph or a meter,also think i can reset it to zero,so its possible check what you've used in an hour oh and its free
    Perfect! Free works!

I use my tethering/wifi hotspot when the family goes to "Grannies". She doesn't have any internet access. With the WiFi hotspot I can give my kids internet access on their IPODS and the wife can check her darn Farm Ville.
    I keep their usage to a minimum but I have never been capped by T-mobile. I couldn't really tell you how many bytes I use because I have never measured it.

I find it easier to to use my laptop for checking Email because I get a lot of attachments that I need to save. The tethering makes this awesome when there is no LAN internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jef View Post
    and the wife can check her darn Farm Ville.
    Sorry to hear of your recent loss. :rofl3:

alphawave i dont understand the whole tethering thing,i can grasp if your not in a wifi zone you can use your phone,but why bother tethering is it just to see your emails and stuff on your laptop screen,when im home i use my lappy and when im out and about i just use my n1
    If I use my tethering it would be when I take my laptop to the park to use there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links