trying to get some answers to my oyher post

This is a discussion on trying to get some answers to my oyher post within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; my other post is in forum for nexus problems--'nexus froze after update' my nexus froze yesterday--and i have tried all suggestions given--so i guess i ...

Thread: trying to get some answers to my oyher post

trying to get some answers to my oyher post

my other post is in forum for nexus problems--'nexus froze after update'
    my nexus froze yesterday--and i have tried all suggestions given--so i guess i will just wait for my new replacement to arrive---but they told me to 'b/u' so i can restore' onto replacement---how can i do that?? my phone is completely froze--please see my other post..
    fhamk you

am also trying to post on 'nexus 1 ''how to's' and faq's's''...and i receive this message:
    drarthurrd, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    does anyone know what this means? ..and how i can post on this thread???---as i said i am completely new to this---and am just trying to get all the help i can with this problem - would like to get some of the knowledge on this other forum as well-
    thank you all--great forum with great members--one of the best i have seen.
    arthur

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Creating another post, because the other received no responses is not the thing to do.. Howa bout using the search button?
    Look ma! I'm a super moderator, my life has purpose now. :butt1:

i'm not trying to post again-i'm sorry but they are both different---the one is asking about a specific problem, i.e. nexus froze after download----the other was about posting on FAQ--so i could get some info on 'how to's' regarding updates and facts--i am sorry--i am new to this--but it sounds like this was the most flip response of all!..
    thank you
    arthur

Nothing flippant about my response at all.. Good luck with your search..
    Look ma! I'm a super moderator, my life has purpose now. :butt1:

Howdy Arthur!
    If your phone is 'frozen', I'm afraid there's nothing you/we can do! WRT the backup, all you can do is remove your SDCard from the phone (they usually want you to remove this, the battery, and the back cover) before sending the unit in for repair/replacement. The forum you are referring to is a fully moderated forum, with the Admin in control of the moderation...what this means in you post is 'Staging', and an Admin moderates and includes/excludes the post. Hope this helps.

thank you very much alpha---you explained a lot to me and i appreciate it.....
    i don't know what WRT the backup' means--or how to make a b/u when i can't access anything on the phone???
    also--i don't want to mispost or do something wrong--maybe you can tell me where to post my next question---i have a G1 that i bought when they first came out--but it seems so outdated and i really can't do that much with it--is there any way to update??? upgrade--change anything???
    thanx again alpha
    arthur

Quote Originally Posted by drarthurrd View Post
    thank you very much alpha---you explained a lot to me and i appreciate it.....
    i don't know what WRT the backup' means--or how to make a b/u when i can't access anything on the phone???
    also--i don't want to mispost or do something wrong--maybe you can tell me where to post my next question---i have a G1 that i bought when they first came out--but it seems so outdated and i really can't do that much with it--is there any way to update??? upgrade--change anything???
    thanx again alpha
    arthur
    That was the humorous point by the csr, you cannot do much of anything like backup, with a frozen unit. /rolleyes

General forum is for asking general questions such as this, you are fine there (it doesn't belong here, I'll see if I can move it to general).

WRT=with regard to...(the backup).

My wife and I came from G1's, and she hasn't had an update in forever...the specs on the phone won't seem to benefit from FroYo, so I think it's the end of the 'official' road for G1, but hackers are suggesting their unofficial ROM's will support the G1 soon, so it depends on how geeked-out you want to get, I suppose!

thank you--alpha--ps: i appreciate the move

Dr,
    Don't you have hot 20ish year old who can take care of this for you?

nexusrocks - ah--a little shunamitism---when king david was old and getting senile--they brought him a young shunamite woman, abishag--the moisture and warmth of her body would get him healthier---personally i think it was 'a bit more'--good idea!
    thanx

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links