Chose "install later" and now can't update

This is a discussion on Chose "install later" and now can't update within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hey, I woke up yesterday to a notification on my phone for a software update. I tried to tap "install now" but it told me ...

Thread: Chose "install later" and now can't update

Chose "install later" and now can't update

Hey, I woke up yesterday to a notification on my phone for a software update. I tried to tap "install now" but it told me that my SD card was in use and couldn't update (Not sure why, it was connected via USB to my computer but not mounted.) So I tapped "install later" assuming that I'd fix the issue and install the update after, but now I can't find any way to install the update. Checkin doesn't do anything, and it says that my system is up to date in About Phone. Do I just have to wait for it to randomly try to update again? Has anyone else experienced this? I haven't found any posts with this problem.

Thank you.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Did you also check to see if you're running the latest build (frf91)?

I'm still on ERE27. I assumed the update was the latest version of Froyo.

Try calling Google customer service.

Choose Later means it did not even download to your phone, you simply got the prompt it was available (check-in service). I believe you'll simply need to wait until it comes back into queue for your unit, or manually update.

Sorry for zombifying this thread, but i have been looking around googles "customer service" site, which says: "If you choose 'Install later', the system update notification will reappear every 30 minutes."

Well, i can say that this simply is not true. I still have not seen the ota update again and it's pretty frustrating. Is there really no way around this? I like the nexus 1, but this is a defective product, and with no real customer service to speak of, it's a pretty big slap in the face.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjm View Post
    Sorry for zombifying this thread, but i have been looking around googles "customer service" site, which says: "If you choose 'Install later', the system update notification will reappear every 30 minutes."

Well, i can say that this simply is not true. I still have not seen the ota update again and it's pretty frustrating. Is there really no way around this? I like the nexus 1, but this is a defective product, and with no real customer service to speak of, it's a pretty big slap in the face.

Either do it manually, call Google support or wait till it come around again. Before bashing google for not having real customer service, you should try calling google and speaking to the support team 888-48-NEXUS. There are tons of documentation everywhere on here on how to do the upgrade manually and only takes 10 or so at the most.
    Androidfied.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links