How do I do Exchange sync?

This is a discussion on How do I do Exchange sync? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Can someone please what I need to do to sync my Microsoft outlook calendar at work with my phone? Do I need 3rd party apps? ...

Thread: How do I do Exchange sync?

How do I do Exchange sync?

Can someone please what I need to do to sync my Microsoft outlook calendar at work with my phone? Do I need 3rd party apps?

I'm on FroYo! Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You setup your Exchange account in the Mail app (not Gmail app). Simple as that. You can sync mail/contacts/calendar.

Froyo now does Exchange calendar

Security validation fails while performing active sync

Hi,
    When I try to do Microsoft active sync with my company mail account, I get an error that my phone doesn't support the required security settings. Actually, I have 7 pin password set to unlock the screen and also have froyo on my N1. One person told me that I need some HTC UI overlay. That's missing from my N1.

Any thoughts?

Don't know what the HTC thing is, I've never heard of it.

You might be out of luck Although 2.2 has increased security for Exchange these come in the form of API's, meaning someone has to write an app for Exchange Admins to use security features like device security, password policy enforcement and the remotely lock and wipe.

You can try using your OWA (outlook web access) URL to connect on Android or look into the TouchDown app in the market. It's not cheap but it might work. I think you can try it for free too Exchange By TouchDown v6.1.0007 Application for Android | Productivity

I don't use Exchange on my N1 anymore. I actually carry around an old BB when I need it outside the office. It sucks... but I need Exchange features that 2.2 doesn't provide.

Thanks

Thanks rioja for the quick response. I am not sure what you meant by using OWA URL because for exchange or for OWA I use same which is mail.companyname.com. I do have touchdown in 30 day trial mode. But I believe it's data hog and consumes lots of data(I am on prepaid and have only 100MB to spare each month). I would prefer to wait for 2.3.

Thanks once again.
    Regards,
    Anirudha

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links