Concise guide for manually updating EPF21B / EPF030 builds to frf91

This is a discussion on Concise guide for manually updating EPF21B / EPF030 builds to frf91 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by FrightenedByPenguins Originally Posted by Floogle Zippy the settings are on your phone menu. Boot the phone normally and go to settings I ...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 84

Thread: Concise guide for manually updating EPF21B / EPF030 builds to frf91

  1. #51
    Android Lurker Floogle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by FrightenedByPenguins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Floogle View Post
    Zippy the settings are on your phone menu. Boot the phone normally and go to settings
    I thought this was going to be the fix, but I'm still having the same issue.

    Even after restart it's still -awaiting device- would it help if I removed sdk and ran sdk setup again, with usb debugging on?
    Right I've looked into this and the most likely explanation is that the USB drivers are either not properly installed or.they are not the up to date ones that support the nexus one. Try this first - on device manger on the android device, try updating driver and pointing it to your android sdk tools folder on your c drive. If it manually installs something, that was the problem. If it says can't find a betterr match than what you have try downloading the android sdk off Google's android dev website, uninstalling and reinstalling that one .

  2. #52
    Junior Member FrightenedByPenguins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    7
    YAY! I'm now the proud daddy of a beautiful Froyo 2.2

    The downloaded fastboot file and the commands to unlock from the downloaded fastboot file directory weren't working for me, I used the fastboot in the sdk tools folders with command fastboot oem unlock and it went through fine. It was the same for the next fastboot command. Not sure I needed the fastbook download fastboot-windows Plus extra file at all? I was on build 21 if that makes any difference.

    Anyway it is done, thank you very much for your help, screw you Vodafone.

  3. #53
    Android Lurker Floogle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by FrightenedByPenguins View Post
    YAY! I'm now the proud daddy of a beautiful Froyo 2.2

    The downloaded fastboot file and the commands to unlock from the downloaded fastboot file directory weren't working for me, I used the fastboot in the sdk tools folders with command fastboot oem unlock and it went through fine. It was the same for the next fastboot command. Not sure I needed the fastbook download fastboot-windows Plus extra file at all? I was on build 21 if that makes any difference.

    Anyway it is done, thank you very much for your help, screw you Vodafone.
    Awesome, great to know it worked for you! those penguins can't frighten you now...

    if you could just clear up a couple of things so i can amend the guide for others (hope zippy is getting this), exactly what directory did you point the dos to? android sdk tools? what exactly did you type into the dos prompt. thanks, floogle.

  4. #54
    Junior Member FrightenedByPenguins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Floogle View Post
    Awesome, great to know it worked for you! those penguins can't frighten you now...

    if you could just clear up a couple of things so i can amend the guide for others (hope zippy is getting this), exactly what directory did you point the dos to? android sdk tools? what exactly did you type into the dos prompt. thanks, floogle.
    cd c:\android-sdk-windows\tools

    I noticed there was a fastboot.exe in there so went with

    c:\android-sdk-windows\tools> fastboot devices

    Which confirmed my Nexus One was attached, and drivers were working. After that I went with

    c:\android-sdk-windows\tools> fastboot oem unlock

    Everything went fine from there, although I had to move the recovery.img file into sdk tools as well to get that flashed with the following command

    c:\android-sdk-windows\tools> fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

    All the other steps were exactly as you had shown (except I didn't manually factory reset or clear data but did so from the recovery screen as you detailed in step "l)" of your guide.

    I don't know why these steps were different for my build, I had heard from the Vodafone Forum that build21 was a slightly more straight forward affair than build30 so maybe your guide is the slightly more complex version?

    Thanks again, great guide for the newbs like me.

    this was all done through xp by the way, not that it makes much difference but I don't know how Vista or Win7 handle the command line.

  5. #55
    Member mattwallis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Floogle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FrightenedByPenguins View Post
    YAY! I'm now the proud daddy of a beautiful Froyo 2.2

    The downloaded fastboot file and the commands to unlock from the downloaded fastboot file directory weren't working for me, I used the fastboot in the sdk tools folders with command fastboot oem unlock and it went through fine. It was the same for the next fastboot command. Not sure I needed the fastbook download fastboot-windows Plus extra file at all? I was on build 21 if that makes any difference.

    Anyway it is done, thank you very much for your help, screw you Vodafone.
    Awesome, great to know it worked for you! those penguins can't frighten you now...

    if you could just clear up a couple of things so i can amend the guide for others (hope zippy is getting this), exactly what directory did you point the dos to? android sdk tools? what exactly did you type into the dos prompt. thanks, floogle.

    YES PLEASE!!!! :P tell us how you did it with the andriod-sdk fastboot exactly please mate as i am having the exact same problem you had mate. ill leave it now till i get the answer

  6. #56
    Member mattwallis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    43
    TAAAAAAAAAAADAAAAAAAAAAAAA Froyo 2.2!!! it worked thank you very much floogle great guide and thank you freightenedbypenguins as without you having the same problem i wouldnt have been able to do it.

    one more question i copied all my contact to my sd card but now when i go to contacts it says i dont have any. do you know how to get them back from sd card ?

  7. #57
    Junior Member FrightenedByPenguins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by mattwallis View Post
    TAAAAAAAAAAADAAAAAAAAAAAAA Froyo 2.2!!! it worked thank you very much floogle great guide and thank you freightenedbypenguins as without you having the same problem i wouldnt have been able to do it.

    one more question i copied all my contact to my sd card but now when i go to contacts it says i dont have any. do you know how to get them back from sd card ?
    All praise to Floogle !

    Did you not have them all synced through GMail? Mine all came running back once I entered my login details again.

    Hhhmm I'm not sure how you get them back. I guess you need to find where contacts are stored on the phone them copy your backupped details into that same folder with Astro or similar?

  8. #58
    Member mattwallis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    43
    1 more question how long did it take for your phone to sign back into your google account (you know on the green and black screen like when you turned your phone on for the first time) it seems to be taking mine ages.

  9. #59
    Junior Member FrightenedByPenguins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    7
    It did take a while, with shutdowns and restarts but my OTA update arrived 30 seconds after getting logged in, just put it down and leave it for a while, a watched Android never builds.

  10. #60
    Member mattwallis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    43
    Nevermind now all is sorted and I got the 91 update already :-)

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Android Forum