Concise guide for manually updating EPF21B / EPF030 builds to frf91

This is a discussion on Concise guide for manually updating EPF21B / EPF030 builds to frf91 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I wanted to reinstall my apps which I backed-up through astro file manager but I notice the market is automatically downloading all my applications :-o ...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Concise guide for manually updating EPF21B / EPF030 builds to frf91

I wanted to reinstall my apps which I backed-up through astro file manager but I notice the market is automatically downloading all my applications :-o !

Tip: better turn on WIFI as soon as froyo is up and running.

Hi all.

I upgraded from EPF30 to FRF91 and it all went according to plan but my phone is now pretty unstable (even after a hard reset, clearing user data etc.).

Problem seems to be related to the radio though; the phone is solid and stable in airplane mode (with Wifi on) but hangs, force quits etc. when the phone is enabled.

Any ideas? Anyone else experience this?

Quote Originally Posted by beebleb View Post
    Hi all.

I upgraded from EPF30 to FRF91 and it all went according to plan but my phone is now pretty unstable (even after a hard reset, clearing user data etc.).

Problem seems to be related to the radio though; the phone is solid and stable in airplane mode (with Wifi on) but hangs, force quits etc. when the phone is enabled.

Any ideas? Anyone else experience this?
    No, froyo 91 running really smooth on mine... perhaps you could try flashing back to frf85 in the meantime, there's not much difference between 85 and 91 other than security updates.

I just discovered that all SMS messages I sent since the upgrade were still pending....
    in fact they were never sent.
    I tried *#*#INFO#*#* and set the Message center but it didn't help.
    I had to do a Hard reset to repair the issue.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to suggest a Hard Reset after the upgrade, this would probably help iron out any issues after the upgrade and would prevent from having to set up the phone twice (eg homescreens, passwords, settings, ringtones etc...)

Quote Originally Posted by jahmon View Post
    I just discovered that all SMS messages I sent since the upgrade were still pending....
    in fact they were never sent.
    I tried *#*#INFO#*#* and set the Message center but it didn't help.
    I had to do a Hard reset to repair the issue.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to suggest a Hard Reset after the upgrade, this would probably help iron out any issues after the upgrade and would prevent from having to set up the phone twice (eg homescreens, passwords, settings, ringtones etc...)
    Haven't had that problem with mine since upgrade, but it probably would be a good idea. I'll update the guide when I get the chance. Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks for your guide.

I succesfully followed step by step your instructions but one hour after the last step "apply sdcard:update.zip" my phone is still drawing the x logo with occasional reboots. żDoes it take this long or should i try something else?

Thanks in advance.

update SOLVED

I took the battery out and as soon as i put it back i pushed the trackball and power to go into the fastboot/recovery menu and i repeated the last part of your guide from point 2.i

i) Choose "BOOTLOADER" by pressing the power button. This should then show you a screen with *** UNLOCKED *** in the top left corner.

and continued until the end and now i can confirm i have successfully installed FroYo 2.2 FRF85B and updated automatically to FRF91 minutes later

Thanks again for your guide!

Thanks so much for the guide Floogle!

I followed it to the letter, took probably ten times longer than I should have done so in the procces, but am now running 2.2 FRF91

Seeya later Vodafone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by buhhni View Post
    Thanks for your guide.

I succesfully followed step by step your instructions but one hour after the last step "apply sdcard:update.zip" my phone is still drawing the x logo with occasional reboots. żDoes it take this long or should i try something else?

Thanks in advance.

update SOLVED

I took the battery out and as soon as i put it back i pushed the trackball and power to go into the fastboot/recovery menu and i repeated the last part of your guide from point 2.i

i) Choose "BOOTLOADER" by pressing the power button. This should then show you a screen with *** UNLOCKED *** in the top left corner.

and continued until the end and now i can confirm i have successfully installed FroYo 2.2 FRF85B and updated automatically to FRF91 minutes later

Thanks again for your guide!
    Awesome, good thinking on the battery pull. Glad to hear that you've escaped the shackles of Vodafone! enjoy your froyo treats mate.

Quote Originally Posted by hugrr View Post
    Thanks so much for the guide Floogle!

I followed it to the letter, took probably ten times longer than I should have done so in the procces, but am now running 2.2 FRF91

Seeya later Vodafone!!!
    Sweet, thxs for the feedback

Agi
    Cheers Floogle for that guide 15mins worth of work and now running 2.2 FRF91 oh the sweetness of Froyo!!

Glad I have cut all ties with vodafone epf21b.....baaaaaa humbug!!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links