apps to sd card...

This is a discussion on apps to sd card... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Out the 35 or so apps I have downloaded I've only been able to move about 5 of them to my sd card. Does anyone ...

Thread: apps to sd card...

apps to sd card...

Out the 35 or so apps I have downloaded I've only been able to move about 5 of them to my sd card. Does anyone know if app developers are going to change their apps ( new and old) to be able to do the same?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Well of course, no-one can read minds. Don't forget that a lot of developers have effectively had 'move to SDCard' since day one - they implemented it themselves because they had to. All Google has done is provided a formal framework for them to do it, the data is stored in a predictable place and is registered with the OS. It will take time for them to implement it, but those existing apps won't save you any space at all once they do it, all it will do is have it 'follow the rules'. What you really should be concerned about are apps that store obscene amounts of data to the phone and have *no* method to offload to SD, which are actually rather rare. I would point out Google Earth is one of them, though. :P

I think you'll see more new apps with this, over time, rather than older ones.

DT

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links