SD app storage and app transferring

This is a discussion on SD app storage and app transferring within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I'm currently using the 4gb sd card that comes with the phone. Looking to purchase a 16gb sd card soon. Question: What happens when I ...

Thread: SD app storage and app transferring

SD app storage and app transferring

I'm currently using the 4gb sd card that comes with the phone. Looking to purchase a 16gb sd card soon.

Question: What happens when I want to transfer the apps stored on the 4gb card to the 16gb card? How do I transfer them? Do I just drag and drop all files to the new sd card?

Any ideas would be helpful...

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by kvon View Post
    I'm currently using the 4gb sd card that comes with the phone. Looking to purchase a 16gb sd card soon.

Question: What happens when I want to transfer the apps stored on the 4gb card to the 16gb card? How do I transfer them? Do I just drag and drop all files to the new sd card?

Any ideas would be helpful...
    That's what I did.... worked just fine.....using my laptop to read and write the cards....

interesting...didn't think it would be that easy. will try soon. thanks for your input beer

interesting...didn't think it would be that easy. will try soon. thanks for your input beer
    beer is always a good input,especially after work :rofl3:

Quote Originally Posted by tonybhoy View Post
    Just make sure you wear your goggles

(safety first)

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tonybhoy View Post
    Just make sure you wear your goggles

(safety first)
    the goggles come free after a few beers

Yeah, I did the same thing a few days ago... Got my 16GB card in via Amazon.. created a folder on my Windows 7 Desktop... Copied the entire contents of the 4GB to that folder...

Then dragged all that to my new 16GB in a usb card reader...

Everything worked fine...

If that didn't work though, my next plan of action was to use a drive mirroring software, but I guess google isn't storing any proprietary files or anything in the boot sector or some hidden place that makes drive mirroring a necessity.

I guess it would be dumb for them to do that anyway... given they've made it accessible for users to yank out.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links