Android 2.2 causes phone to shut down when using flash to take pictures

This is a discussion on Android 2.2 causes phone to shut down when using flash to take pictures within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Well there is always Root! No issues like this on CM6...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Android 2.2 causes phone to shut down when using flash to take pictures

Well there is always Root!

No issues like this on CM6
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

This might sound weird, but I think I found the solution.

I found that my phone was working again the next day. I couldn't explain why it was working again . Than my wife's N1 started to do the same thing and that's when it hit.

Don't worried guy your precious N1is not broke, how did it hit? Well after doing a lot of unistalling, installing, reseting and restoring and after hours of tinkering, nothing seemed to worked I was disappointed and then out of the blue it started to work.

I keep asking myself what the h happened. I finally realise when I saw my wife's N1 acting up, it is in that moment that I remember we had just bought 2 new batteries for our N1's. So I went ahead and change from one battery to the next and sure enough every time I tried one of the new batteries, like britney spears said, it did it again.

I hope this helps you guys and let me know it this solve your problem.
    :rofl3:

I am having this exact same problem with a Nexus One I purchased on Craigslist for my wife. Lionsson, are you and your wife using non-official Nexus One batteries? The phone I purchased has a 3rd party replacement battery so maybe that is causing the problem. I will try switching batteries between my Nexus One and hers tonight and see if I can replicate the problem on my phone. Will report back with results!

Also, she is still having the problem even though the phone is on Cyanogen Mod 6.0.

As far as I can tell, this is the only place on the Internet where people are discussing this problem so thank you for your input!

The batteries that I bought are HTC copies, and I have tested over and over, and it's the batteries causing the problem

Sorry, just so I'm 100% clear, when you say "HTC copies", do you mean they are official HTC batteries (i.e. not sold by another company)?

If they are official HTC batteries, I'm afraid I don't understand your solution. Can you try to explain again? Thank you!

I just switched the batteries between my wife and I's phones and it is 100% definitely the battery that is causing the problem. My phone has never had this issue with the flash but as soon as I put the 3rd party battery into my phone and took a picture with flash, it immediately turned off.

However, when I put my phone's HTC battery in my wife's Nexus One, it no longer would turn off when I took a picture with flash.

My wife had been complaining that the battery did not last very long anyways, so I'm going to buy a new one now. Thanks everyone!

@wwwhitney

This batteries that I bought are from a 3rd party vendor. I'm sure they are the same cheap batteries that are causing the problem to all of us, the only difference is the one I bought had a cheap HTC logo on them.

I think this cheap batteries are 1200 mah (I haven't been able to confirm this) but are being sold as a 1400 mah or even 1600 mah. The lesson to this problem is buy from a know reliable vendor.

I'm having the same problem. I've only used v2.2 on this phone so far and have had the problem from the beginning. I'm hoping Android 3 will fix it. Anybody heard anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by nortonyodles View Post
    I'm having the same problem. I've only used v2.2 on this phone so far and have had the problem from the beginning. I'm hoping Android 3 will fix it. Anybody heard anything else?
    Have you read the solution?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links