n1 can't register on at&t network

This is a discussion on n1 can't register on at&t network within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I was in an area last weekend with only AT&T coverage but no Tmobile coverage. I told my N1 (stock no contract froyo) to connect ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: n1 can't register on at&t network

n1 can't register on at&t network

I was in an area last weekend with only AT&T coverage but no Tmobile coverage. I told my N1 (stock no contract froyo) to connect to the AT&T network via my Wireless Settings and after attempting to register it said "registration failed".

I know the N1 can't do 3G on AT&T due to different GSM data frequencies, but I thought the T-mobile N1 can be used on AT&T voice and 2G data. Why won't my Tmobile N1 register on AT&T? Is this a contract issue where AT&T refuses to let T-mobile users roam on their network?

Anyone know? TIA!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Mine does the same thing

My guess would be that you need an AT&T SIM card. I would highly doubt that they would just let anyone connect to their network.

Call the AT&T and tell your problem. Most probably you would get a new sim card. AFAIK, AT&T will lock the sim with the phone if it is used for a particular period of time. So, when you change the sim to another mobile, it will not work untill you change the sim card.

You may need to check your settings to be sure roaming and data roaming are enabled. T-mo has agreements with AT&T (so they told me) where you roam for free when not in a T-Mo area. On my phone it is automatic, no need to do anything. It will just show AT&T where I would normally see T-Mobile on my phone. Seamless.

Hmm, I have data and data roaming enabled. I don't see a setting for voice roaming.

Perhaps AT&T considers me in an area covered by Tmobile so it doesn't allow me to roam on it? That would be annoying. If my phone can't connect to T-mobile but AT&T is present, I'd expect it to automatically connect to AT&T. Ugh.

I suppose I'll have to call t-mobile and see what they say.

i would think that you have to disable the 3g option on the phone to be able to pick up a signal just like the iphone , so go into the settings for ur nexus and check use only 2g network

I dont even have 3g in my area and i cant roam

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

nope

Quote Originally Posted by rozza108 View Post
    i would think that you have to disable the 3g option on the phone to be able to pick up a signal just like the iphone , so go into the settings for ur nexus and check use only 2g network
    Just tried setting my N1 to "only use 2g" and it still won't let me register on AT&T.

Ugh. I was counting on being able to roam on AT&T when T-Mobile wasn't available, and it's not looking promising so far.

Who is your provider? If your provider is not AT&T, you will not be able to "register" on AT&T. However, if your provider is T-Mobile, and you have set up your phone properly for roaming, if you are travelling and are no longer in a T-Mobile service area, you will automatically roam to whatever provider T-Mobile has an agreement with. No need to do anything, it just happens.

When my son was stationed in the US, I traveled from Ohio to North Carolina and during that trip would see my phone roam to a couple of different networks along the way. T-Mobile does not charge extra for roaming, so this is a great benefit.

Check your settings under Wireless & network, Mobile networks, and be sure you have both Data enabled and Data roaming checked. Then under Available networks, choose Select automatically. Those are the settings I have, and I can vouch that they work correctly for roaming on the T-mobile network. I have made several trips since getting the Nexus One (not just N.C) and each time my phone would automatically find a network without any interference from me. If this isn't working from you, than you might have a pre-paid plan that does not include the free roaming feature, but I thought all T-mo plans included that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links