Chrome--->Froyo.. Niceee..

This is a discussion on Chrome--->Froyo.. Niceee.. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by Syntax323 Originally Posted by Gwhiz2k Just another note: If you send it a page from Google Maps, it will open Maps instead ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chrome--->Froyo.. Niceee..

Quote Originally Posted by Syntax323 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwhiz2k View Post
    Just another note: If you send it a page from Google Maps, it will open Maps instead of the browser on the phone and go right to that address. The service actually has more potential that we will see later on, as you can send different kinds of data, and the phone can automatically launch an app based on the kind of data.
    Not true. If you use google.com/maps, yes it will open the map in your browser, but if you use maps.google.com it will open the maps application.

I don't know why google has two different web addresses for google maps, but only one of them will open the maps on your phone.
    I sit corrected. Must be some kind of bug.. They should fix that, or just make google.com/maps redirect to maps.google.com. It's the same thing... When you use google.com/maps, it goes to maps in the browser, but not to the right place.
    Nexus One: "Hold it any way you want to!"

Quote Originally Posted by Syntax323 View Post
    Just another note: If you send it a page from Google Maps, it will open Maps instead of the browser on the phone and go right to that address. The service actually has more potential that we will see later on, as you can send different kinds of data, and the phone can automatically launch an app based on the kind of data.
    Not true. If you use google.com/maps, yes it will open the map in your browser, but if you use maps.google.com it will open the maps application.

I don't know why google has two different web addresses for google maps, but only one of them will open the maps on your phone.
    I sit corrected. Must be some kind of bug.. They should fix that, or just make google.com/maps redirect to maps.google.com. It's the same thing... When you use google.com/maps, it goes to maps in the browser, but not to the right place.
    Weird huh? It took my long time to figure all this out. I was going nuts! haha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links