So I Decided To Factory Reset My N1

This is a discussion on So I Decided To Factory Reset My N1 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Wish I had you guys in my corner! Then I wouldn't s*** bricks thinking I'd ever have to do this to my gPhone God and ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So I Decided To Factory Reset My N1

Wish I had you guys in my corner!
    Then I wouldn't s*** bricks thinking I'd ever have to do this to my gPhone

God and Google please protect my gPhone! !!

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    Thank you for sharing!

I have been doing the following hardware activities on my mobile phone to ensure smooth functioning, and it seem to work for my N1 as well-

1) Daily Reboot> Switch Off and Restart
    2) 2-3 times a week > Drain the Battery till auto shutdown (power off) and charge
    3) Once a week (atleast I Try) > Drain Battery till auto shutdown (power off) and charge in off state through the nite
    You are damaging your battery by doing this. Do some research on Lithium-Ion batteries.

Lithium-ion battery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[Guide] Everything you wanted to know about Li-Ion batteries but were afraid to ask! - xda-developers

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Thank you for sharing!

I have been doing the following hardware activities on my mobile phone to ensure smooth functioning, and it seem to work for my N1 as well-

1) Daily Reboot> Switch Off and Restart
    2) 2-3 times a week > Drain the Battery till auto shutdown (power off) and charge
    3) Once a week (atleast I Try) > Drain Battery till auto shutdown (power off) and charge in off state through the nite
    You are damaging your battery by doing this. Do some research on Lithium-Ion batteries.

Lithium-ion battery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[Guide] Everything you wanted to know about Li-Ion batteries but were afraid to ask! - xda-developers
    I wondered about that. From everything I was told and much of what I read, you never want to do this on a steady basis to a Li-Ion battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    I wondered about that. From everything I was told and much of what I read, you never want to do this on a steady basis to a Li-Ion battery.
    Yes, people are still passing around OLD information based on Nickle-Cadmium batteries which are very different from Lithium-Ion (and Ni-Cad have not been used in a long, long time).

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Yes I never let my battery drain less than 30% and only let it get that low if I'm in a situation where I'm not near a charger. At that point if it's before 20-15% I just shut it off.

I believe doing a hard reset will configure you battery gauge better than draining, why I wanted to share this would people who feel their batter might seem to be draining quickly.
    Androidfied.

I factory reset after both ota updates. After 2.1 I did it to fix the crazy touchscreen, after 2.2 it sped things up a bit. Took 5 minutes to get it set back up.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Yes I never let my battery drain less than 30% and only let it get that low if I'm in a situation where I'm not near a charger. At that point if it's before 20-15% I just shut it off.

I believe doing a hard reset will configure you battery gauge better than draining, why I wanted to share this would people who feel their batter might seem to be draining quickly.
    AndroidIsTheTruth Thank you for the feedback & Positive response .

Beer Goggles - a bit of spoon-feeding lesser informed users on this forum would not hurt you - try to avoid non-constructive criticism
    Here's my take-away from a link in Beer Goggles cryptic message >

1> • Discharging your LI Battery fully (or less than 2.4 Volt per cell) is bad for the battery. Every time you do that, it can be said that small part of your battery (some cells) dies (they forever lose their charge). Do not store your batteries depleted, there's a high chance they will die completely or will become very "weak".

2>• Worst LI Battery treatment is to keep it at 100% charge level at high temperature (think laptop/phone under direct sunlight, like car dashboard).

3> • Best LI Battery treatment, or LIBattery's "favorite" charge level - 40%. That's also the usual charge level you buy them with.

4> LIBs like frequent partial charges/discharges more than they like full charges/discharges.

Please ADD more information/correct me if I made a mistake somewhere,

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post

AndroidIsTheTruth Thank you for the feedback & Positive response .

Beer Goggles - a bit of spoon-feeding lesser informed users on this forum would not hurt you - try to avoid non-constructive criticism
    Here's my take-away from a link in Beer Goggles cryptic message >

1> • Discharging your LI Battery fully (or less than 2.4 Volt per cell) is bad for the battery. Every time you do that, it can be said that small part of your battery (some cells) dies (they forever lose their charge). Do not store your batteries depleted, there's a high chance they will die completely or will become very "weak".

2>• Worst LI Battery treatment is to keep it at 100% charge level at high temperature (think laptop/phone under direct sunlight, like car dashboard).

3> • Best LI Battery treatment, or LIBattery's "favorite" charge level - 40%. That's also the usual charge level you buy them with.

4> LIBs like frequent partial charges/discharges more than they like full charges/discharges.

Please ADD more information/correct me if I made a mistake somewhere,

Thank you

Beer Goggles - a bit of spoon-feeding lesser informed users on this forum would not hurt you - try to avoid non-constructive criticism and being holier than thou
    And you might want to learn how to be less sensitive. There was nothing holy in my message and their was no criticism. Just a simple, direct message to let people know that if they treat their Lithium-Ion battery like a Nickle-Cadmium that they are damaging their battery.

Maybe next time I'll write "Please do some research".

Many people will believe anything posted on an Internet forum. I'm trying to help people get to the facts. I don't know everything and spend a fair amount to time "doing the research" myself and I highly recommend that everyone do that was well.

It's sad that being direct is interpreted by too many as being critical. Too many sensitive people these days.

A Big Thank you

I would like to publicly thank AndroidisTheTruth and Beer Goggles for their insights ... i am following their suggestions and trying to keep my phone charge @ about 40% as much as possible.

I still like to restart it every once in a while ... especially after installing/unistalling/updating Apps

Thank you guys

Much obliged

Cheers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links