a little disapointed with my new N1

This is a discussion on a little disapointed with my new N1 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by chapinlove google killllllllllllllllll nexus one with FRF91 FRF85B was perfect You don't need to spam this thread, and you are wrong....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: a little disapointed with my new N1

Quote Originally Posted by chapinlove View Post
    google killllllllllllllllll nexus one with FRF91

FRF85B was perfect
    You don't need to spam this thread, and you are wrong.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    People will be amazed how a simple hard reset can fix alot of issues they may be experiencing.
    Androidfied.

Quote Originally Posted by tcobu View Post
    I paid $530 for a unlocked N1. Ok, I like it but there are some things that I didn't expected it to lack, like:

Skype only available for Verizon costumers (very frustrating)

The build-in music player doesn't have a equalizer (very frustrating)

The earphones are very bad. I compared with some others that I have, and there is no Bass at all on the one that came with my N1 (frustrating - and besides that, it is broken, the buttons on the cord doesn't work)

You can't quit from most apps, so you need to kill it with the a task manager (little frustrating)

If I remember more frustrating things about N1 I'll post here.
    If you think any stock headphones are adequate, then you don't know anything about music. Go to Best Buy and invest in some quality headphones if music is that important to you.

As far as closing apps, just press your home button. The os will kill it eventually. If that doesn't satisfy you then press the home button until you reach the home screen, this will kill the app. If you are in the browser, then press the menu button and press exit. This will close any windows you were in.

If you are an Apple fanboy and think that the iphone 4 is a better phone look at all the specs objectively, you will realize that the only advantage the iphone has over Android at the moment is screen resolution. The Samsung Galaxy S will neutralize this advantage though.

I believe you will grow to love your N1 as I have. 2.2 has made a great phone an excellent phone.

Quote Originally Posted by nexus1inAZ View Post
    I paid $530 for a unlocked N1. Ok, I like it but there are some things that I didn't expected it to lack, like:

The earphones are very bad. I compared with some others that I have, and there is no Bass at all on the one that came with my N1 (frustrating - and besides that, it is broken, the buttons on the cord doesn't work)

You can't quit from most apps, so you need to kill it with the a task manager (little frustrating)

If you think any stock headphones are adequate, then you don't know anything about music. Go to Best Buy and invest in some quality headphones if music is that important to you.

As far as closing apps, just press your home button. The os will kill it eventually. If that doesn't satisfy you then press the home button until you reach the home screen, this will kill the app. If you are in the browser, then press the menu button and press exit. This will close any windows you were in.

If you are an Apple fanboy and think that the iphone 4 is a better phone look at all the specs objectively, you will realize that the only advantage the iphone has over Android at the moment is screen resolution. The Samsung Galaxy S will neutralize this advantage though.

I believe you will grow to love your N1 as I have. 2.2 has made a great phone an excellent phone.

Second that... I've stopped using the AppKiller, and let Android do its thing.

Also, you can't blame the crappy headphones on the Nexus, EVERY device comes with substandard headphones, including the ones that came with my iPod and Zune. I long ago replaced them with $70 Sony's, and there is a world of difference.
    Nexus One: "Hold it any way you want to!"

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Personally, and this is just me, if I really cared about how my music sounds I'd get an iPod or MP3 player. That's one probably the only plus of a iPhone is it's player. Personally I don't care how my music sounds on a phone. I've hardly ever cared about music on any phone I've ever had. Maybe if I was on mass transit more or out and about more, I'd probably care, but sound quality of music on a phone is of little concern to me.
    For me the sound quality is a big issue. I use the audio player a lot because I use my cellphone as a mp3 player.

My last cell phone was a sony ericsson and the sound quality of the audio player and the earphones was great. I hope they improve the bild-in audio player soon to suport an equalizer and I am getting better earphones.

It sounds like you are walking a road that is full of disappointment.
    Based on your complaints no smart phone on planet earth will make you happy.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Personally, and this is just me, if I really cared about how my music sounds I'd get an iPod or MP3 player. That's one probably the only plus of a iPhone is it's player. Personally I don't care how my music sounds on a phone. I've hardly ever cared about music on any phone I've ever had. Maybe if I was on mass transit more or out and about more, I'd probably care, but sound quality of music on a phone is of little concern to me.
    For me the sound quality is a big issue. I use the audio player a lot because I use my cellphone as a mp3 player.

My last cell phone was a sony ericsson and the sound quality of the audio player and the earphones was great. I hope they improve the bild-in audio player soon to suport an equalizer and I am getting better earphones.

Exactly my point. People should buy phones that fit their needs not what's in or hot. If you want a phone directly associated with music or have great sound quality, get an iPhone or Sony (walkman). They what their phones are specialized for and why other features of the phones are trash.

There's reason why Nokia E series (business oriented) and N Series (Media oriented) phones were made. There's reason why Blackberry are the preferred corporate business phones, etc etc.

People have to understand that not everyone phone is designed to function like ever other phone. People need to reevaluate why they are buying phones and get one that is specific to their needs. Now don't get me wrong, the N1 is an all around great media phone, but it's main focus is not music playback, but all around mulitmedia. Want better quality get better quality MP3 installed nothing less than 192, go 256 or higher, spend for better quality headphones with volume a volume booster. But don't blame the phone for something it's not specialized in. You can expect a HTC phone to compete with iPhone or Sony when it comes to music quality on a phone.

That what makes Android so great. You can get a Sony Xperia and still get the Android love with a Sony quality audio.

/rant.
    Androidfied.

I always am trying to figure out where the exit button is on the browser. I pressed the menu button, but I only get: new window, bookmarks, windows, refresh, forward, and more. If I press more there still is no "exit" option to press. Help please.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix View Post

I always am trying to figure out where the exit button is on the browser. I pressed the menu button, but I only get: new window, bookmarks, windows, refresh, forward, and more. If I press more there still is no "exit" option to press. Help please.
    There is no exit button. Best way to exit is to hit menu, hit the window option and close all open windows till it takes back back to you home page and hit the back button from there to exit.

But it doesn't matter if it's open or not. When it's in the the background it is not running. It's idle until you open it up again. Stop believing the hype of open apps slowing down your phone.

If you got 5mb of open memory left, open apps are the least of your problems.
    Androidfied.

I do like my N1, but is it that hard to put an equalizer on that audio player? I don't believe so.

And skype, is not that my N1 can't do it, they don't allow it, and I paid more to have my N1 unlocked, I should have more features.

About killing apps, again, why is the trouble of putting an exit buttons on apps? If you don't need it anymore, close it. Is just common sense.

I really think that buying a better headphone is going to solve my first problem, I won't probably need an equalizer with a good headphone (but it should be there)

Long story short: there is room for improvement, lots of improvements.

P.S.: What is thw swipe apps that everybody uses?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links