a little disapointed with my new N1

This is a discussion on a little disapointed with my new N1 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I paid $530 for a unlocked N1. Ok, I like it but there are some things that I didn't expected it to lack, like: Skype ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: a little disapointed with my new N1

  1. #1
    Junior Member tcobu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17

    a little disapointed with my new N1

    I paid $530 for a unlocked N1. Ok, I like it but there are some things that I didn't expected it to lack, like:

    Skype only available for Verizon costumers (very frustrating)

    The build-in music player doesn't have a equalizer (very frustrating)

    The earphones are very bad. I compared with some others that I have, and there is no Bass at all on the one that came with my N1 (frustrating - and besides that, it is broken, the buttons on the cord doesn't work)

    You can't quit from most apps, so you need to kill it with the a task manager (little frustrating)

    If I remember more frustrating things about N1 I'll post here.

  2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

  3. #2
    Member lilcapo2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    30
    One problem I can help you with is get rid of the task killer! u don't need it as it doesn't make ur phone faster or preserve battery life. The best thing you can do to preserve battery life is to keep the display brightness low and turn off wifi when ur not going to use it.

  4. #3
    Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8
    Thanked
    10 times
    If you're that concerned about killing apps, go in the apps setting and close them there, but the N1 is designed to have apps working and paused in the backgroud. App killer debate has been beaten to a dead horse.

    This still seems to be in the market.

    Skype Lite Beta v1.0.0.5 Application for Android | Communication

    Androidfied.

  5. #4
    Senior Member Luq07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    149
    Use "Fring" from the market. It allows free skype to skype. I'm with you on the equalizer issue. Apparently its an Android limitation per one of the developers of my favorite music/video app (Meridian).

  6. #5
    Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8
    Thanked
    10 times
    Personally, and this is just me, if I really cared about how my music sounds I'd get an iPod or MP3 player. That's one probably the only plus of a iPhone is it's player. Personally I don't care how my music sounds on a phone. I've hardly ever cared about music on any phone I've ever had. Maybe if I was on mass transit more or out and about more, I'd probably care, but sound quality of music on a phone is of little concern to me.
    Androidfied.

  7. #6
    Senior Member Gwhiz2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Personally, and this is just me, if I really cared about how my music sounds I'd get an iPod or MP3 player. That's one probably the only plus of a iPhone is it's player. Personally I don't care how my music sounds on a phone. I've hardly ever cared about music on any phone I've ever had. Maybe if I was on mass transit more or out and about more, I'd probably care, but sound quality of music on a phone is of little concern to me.
    Or get a Zune HD... Actually a really wonderful device... I have both that and an iPod, and I really prefer the ZuneHD. Plus the Zune desktop app is a joy to use compared to iTunes.
    Nexus One: "Hold it any way you want to!"

  8. #7
    Senior Member Gwhiz2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    If you're that concerned about killing apps, go in the apps setting and close them there, but the N1 is designed to have apps working and paused in the backgroud. App killer debate has been beaten to a dead horse.

    This still seems to be in the market.

    Skype Lite Beta v1.0.0.5 Application for Android | Communication

    Wow. First thing to ever crash my phone. It rebooted and is now slow. Trying to uninstall Skype Lite as I type...
    Nexus One: "Hold it any way you want to!"

  9. #8
    Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8
    Thanked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwhiz2k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    If you're that concerned about killing apps, go in the apps setting and close them there, but the N1 is designed to have apps working and paused in the backgroud. App killer debate has been beaten to a dead horse.

    This still seems to be in the market.

    Skype Lite Beta v1.0.0.5 Application for Android | Communication

    Wow. First thing to ever crash my phone. It rebooted and is now slow. Trying to uninstall Skype Lite as I type...
    apparently it's not a very good apps from the comments but it's from Skype. Why they would make a crappy product is beyond me. I don't use Skype.
    Androidfied.

  10. #9
    Junior Member chapinlove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6
    google killllllllllllllllll nexus one with FRF91

    FRF85B was perfect

  11. #10
    Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8
    Thanked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chapinlove View Post
    google killllllllllllllllll nexus one with FRF91

    FRF85B was perfect
    Can you explain how.
    Androidfied.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Android Forum