wipe cache partition

This is a discussion on wipe cache partition within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Can someone please give me sum instructions on how to do this? Ive been havin some issues with my phone since updating to frf91 an ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wipe cache partition

wipe cache partition

Can someone please give me sum instructions on how to do this? Ive been havin some issues with my phone since updating to frf91 an i heard doing this will make your phone function better. I tried searching for instructions but cant find any. Any help would be appreciated

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Go into the Apps setting and any cache in the apps can be cleared out from there the button will be lit up. I believe there is also a cache app in the market someone mention.

Setting > Applications > Manage Applications

From there you can click the ALL button to show everything that is can cleared if there's any cache that needs to be cleaned up. Main thing will be the browser.
    Androidfied.

If you want to wipe the cache partition, you do it from Recovery. There is an option there for it.

Boot into recovery mode by pressing power on while holding down the trackball. From there select BOOTLOADER, then RECOVERY.

Also, you should tell us what problems you have as someone might have a solution. There's not too many problems with the N1 that someone here hasn't encountered yet

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    If you want to wipe the cache partition, you do it from Recovery. There is an option there for it.

Boot into recovery mode by pressing power on while holding down the trackball. From there select BOOTLOADER, then RECOVERY.

Also, you should tell us what problems you have as someone might have a solution. There's not too many problems with the N1 that someone here hasn't encountered yet
    Rioja What will your direction accomplish? What after you select RECOVERY? I ask because I have seen postings here about apps leaving behind files after you install them, also that Google Earth leaves files on the actual phone itself.

I did that and didn't clear out the cache in my stock browser even though it said the Cache Partition was cleared in the Reboot.
    Androidfied.

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    Rioja What will your direction accomplish? What after you select RECOVERY? I ask because I have seen postings here about apps leaving behind files after you install them, also that Google Earth leaves files on the actual phone itself.
    Wiping the cache partiton will not only delete data left behind from uninstalled apps but also, some OTA data/apps are stored there for installation. This stuff isn't always cleaned-up properly so it just sits there forever.

That said, unless you're running out of space, I don't believe a wipe is necessary. That's why I asked chris6278 to post his problems. I highly doubt wiping the cache is going to help.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    I did that and didn't clear out the cache in my stock browser even though it said the Cache Partition was cleared in the Reboot.
    The cache partition is different than browser/app history. You have to clear those like you said earlier Setting > Applications > Manage Applications ... etc

ever sense i updated to frf91 sometimes my phone wont wake when i press the power button an have to reboot my phone to fix it. Also when i tried to turn my phone back on it just vibrates 7 times an doesnt come on. I gota take my battery out several times to get my phone to power on. I never had these problems until frf91. If anyone knows how to fix this id really appreciate ur help

Quote Originally Posted by chris6278 View Post
    ever sense i updated to frf91 sometimes my phone wont wake when i press the power button an have to reboot my phone to fix it. Also when i tried to turn my phone back on it just vibrates 7 times an doesnt come on. I gota take my battery out several times to get my phone to power on. I never had these problems until frf91. If anyone knows how to fix this id really appreciate ur help
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...set-my-n1.html

Cause sometimes the simplest answer is the most complex.
    Androidfied.

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    Wiping the cache partiton will not only delete data left behind from uninstalled apps but also, some OTA data/apps are stored there for installation. This stuff isn't always cleaned-up properly so it just sits there forever.

That said, unless you're running out of space, I don't believe a wipe is necessary. That's why I asked chris6278 to post his problems. I highly doubt wiping the cache is going to help.
    Thanks. I have 104MB available space on my phone. I will hold off, but remember the instruction.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links