Where is the antenna on the Nexus One?

This is a discussion on Where is the antenna on the Nexus One? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by cbagee ... Definitely a design flaw, but I still love the N1 running Froyo ))) I hear this said time and time ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where is the antenna on the Nexus One?

Quote Originally Posted by cbagee View Post
    Definitely a design flaw, but I still love the N1 running Froyo )))
    I hear this said time and time again.... and it's just not completely true.

This is just a fact of life in the physical universe in which we find ourselves.

The fact is that there is NO WAY to design a tiny antenna that will NOT lose signal level when you wrap your hand around it. That's just the way it is and every cell phone out there suffers from this to one degree or another. Even that fancy new phone from the fruit company.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cbagee View Post
    Definitely a design flaw, but I still love the N1 running Froyo )))
    I hear this said time and time again.... and it's just not completely true.

This is just a fact of life in the physical universe in which we find ourselves.

The fact is that there is NO WAY to design a tiny antenna that will NOT lose signal level when you wrap your hand around it. That's just the way it is and every cell phone out there suffers from this to one degree or another. Even that fancy new phone from the fruit company.
    Hey, I didn't say my hand was blocking reception, I said it has to do with orientation of the phone. Again, only sensitive to this in places where reception is marginal. If I am in a metro area with strong 3G t-mo it doesn't matter -- then reception is good regardless of how you hold it or where you put it -- hee hee! I didn't believe the YouTube piece either in the beginning -- thought it was just some Google basher -Iphone lover, but I tried it on my own unit and sure enough, best cell reception, if signal is weak, when held upside down. At the end of the day, what really matters is the fact that T-mobile (or any other cell carrier) coverage sucks in some places -- that's the real problem in my opinion -- especially if you live in low population density area.

this is the GPS test!! :P

sorry for my english :P

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lD4dqvTio4]YouTube - GPS test[/ame]

Go to Settings -> About phone -> Status

Hold the Nexus One firmly at the bottom and watch the signal strength drop. Release and watch the signal strength rise again.

This isn't just the iPhone 4.

Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post

Hold the Nexus One firmly at the bottom and watch the signal strength drop. Release and watch the signal strength rise again.

all the cellphones have the same problem.... the problem is that with the iphone 4, u only need 1 finger to totally drop all the signal and u have to learn a whole new way to hold a phone

Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post

See my earlier post in this thread: It only drops 5 points at the most, which out of 31 works out to be 16%. That's with holding BOTH HANDS over the bottom of the phone.

As I said, all phones have this problem. The iPhone 4 has this problem too, in ADDITION to the conductivity issue for the external antenna, which has been proven over and over again.

You'd have to be in a pretty poor area to get the N1 to go to "no service", unlike the iPhone 4 demos I've seen which go from 4 bars to nothing.
    Nexus One: "Hold it any way you want to!"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links