Where is the antenna on the Nexus One?

This is a discussion on Where is the antenna on the Nexus One? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I've seen people say it's on the bottom and people say it's on the top (on this forum as well). I don't know which is ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where is the antenna on the Nexus One?

Where is the antenna on the Nexus One?

I've seen people say it's on the bottom and people say it's on the top (on this forum as well).

I don't know which is true.

I want to know where it is so I know which part not to cover when in an area with a bad connection.

Thanks for your help!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The cell antenna is at the bottom. Also (don't quote me on it though) The WiFi antenna is at the top.

AFAIK, I've never had a problem with mine in terms of the way I hold it, but I've never actually tested it. But I imagine if you "wrap" your hands around top or bottom signal would drop.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Where ever it is, you won't be told to not hold it that way.
    Androidfied.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    :rofl3:

Gotta admire Steve Jobs, only he can get away with crap like this. And the fanboys just keep buying

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    :rofl3:

Gotta admire Steve Jobs, only he can get away with crap like this. And the fanboys just keep buying
    WHAHAHAHA the best answer so far! and it cant never be a better one.

yeah, the antenna is on the bottom back but i think it isnt connected to the body of the phone cos ive never had any problem even when holding the phone with my whole hand in that part of the phone.

i have really bad signal cos here on chile, the providers sucks badly! i dont get GPS inside of my house >.< but i put the phone in the window and it work xD

My boss used to hold his Nexus One by the bottom and it interfered with the call quality. When I got mine and found out the location, I asked him to stop holding his that way and it helped.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    I've never had any issues holding mines at the bottom. The only problem I have is a dead spot at my job, ironically at my desk (go figure) But I have noticed that I get a better reception in that area holding my phone portrait instead of landscape on the desk. Doesn't have anything to do with the phone however.
    Androidfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Budske View Post
    yeah, the antenna is on the bottom back but i think it isnt connected to the body of the phone cos ive never had any problem even when holding the phone with my whole hand in that part of the phone.

i have really bad signal cos here on chile, the providers sucks badly! i dont get GPS inside of my house >.< but i put the phone in the window and it work xD
    Your "provider" does NOT "provide" GPS. Your phone gets GPS directly from a bunch of satellites in space.

For the most part, it's "line of sight" (although many receivers are so sensitive these days that this is not always true anymore).

But either way, it has nothing at all to do with your CELL phone provider.

I decided to test my Nexus One.

Normally, I have 4 full bars of signal. I have found that is I hold the phone at the bottom right corner of the phone, ithe bars drop to 2 and sometimes 1. As soon as I change my grip to hold it at the top, the bars return to 4.

I can consistently repeat this observation.

Rick

The only way I can get my bars to drop is if I hold the phone at the bottom cupped in my hand. I normally have 3 and doing this drops it down to one bar.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links