Same text to multiple recipeints and wifi calling with Google Voice?

This is a discussion on Same text to multiple recipeints and wifi calling with Google Voice? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; The title says it all. The one feature that I find missing from Google Voice, besides full voice capabilities via wifi (isn't this coming as ...

Thread: Same text to multiple recipeints and wifi calling with Google Voice?

Same text to multiple recipeints and wifi calling with Google Voice?

The title says it all. The one feature that I find missing from Google Voice, besides full voice capabilities via wifi (isn't this coming as well?) is the ability to send the same text message to multiple recipients. I know this is easily doable with regular SMS, but I find it quite annoying that I can't do it with Google Voice, because I often use Voice for texts when I do not have service but have access to wifi. For the same reason I find it frustrating that voice cannot utilize wifi to make calls--will this ever happen? I wouldn't care if it used minutes, just as long as I'd be able to make calls in areas with no reception but with available wifi.

Thanks in advance,
    Ilya

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf64 View Post
    The title says it all. The one feature that I find missing from Google Voice, besides full voice capabilities via wifi (isn't this coming as well?) is the ability to send the same text message to multiple recipients. I know this is easily doable with regular SMS, but I find it quite annoying that I can't do it with Google Voice, because I often use Voice for texts when I do not have service but have access to wifi. For the same reason I find it frustrating that voice cannot utilize wifi to make calls--will this ever happen? I wouldn't care if it used minutes, just as long as I'd be able to make calls in areas with no reception but with available wifi.

Thanks in advance,
    Ilya
    That's not what google voice intends to do. It's not a voip and it will never be. The moment google voice offers voip hence becoming a telephone company, they will going to violate a lot of telecommunication regulations. Google voice blocks expensive rural calls etc but can escape from those regulations because google voice is not a phone company. Apple, AT&T complained last year to FCC but because google voice is not a phone company they can do what phone companies can't. For detailed info google "fcc and google voice" you will see a lot of newspaper articles covering this issue.

Google CAN come up with another app/service to provide voip and that work with voice but voice service alone won't offer voip due to reasoning stated above.

Ok guys, thanks for answering one of my questions, but my question remains unanswered.

Just to reiterate...is there a way to send multiple people the same text via google voice on the nexus one?

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf64 View Post
    Ok guys, thanks for answering one of my questions, but my question remains unanswered.

Just to reiterate...is there a way to send multiple people the same text via google voice on the nexus one?
    That is due to the fact that google voice is a call forwarding system. When you text your friend's cell, through google voice, first your text will be forwarded to your google voice's forwarding number, and then from there it will then forward again to your friend's text. While doing this, google voice will assign a unique phone number to your friend's and it will use that number to communicate/forwarding between your friend's phone and you. It's little confusing but actually not.
    You text ur friend via google voice --> google voice will send your texts to your google number --> Each google voice number has a number which will use textings --> From that texting number(we don't know this number as it nevers shows), each of your friends' cellphone number will be assigned --> then finally it will forward/directs to your friend's number.

As you can see from that, it can't possibly do this to multiple recipients on the phone as it can't assign each of phone numbers at the sametime. Only way to do it is through voice website.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links