Bulk E-mail delete

This is a discussion on Bulk E-mail delete within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by Sheanzy I was wondering if anyone had news on if there will ever be a bulk e-mail delete on android or if ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bulk E-mail delete

Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post
    I was wondering if anyone had news on if there will ever be a bulk e-mail delete on android or if one even exists?

A 'select all' feature would be great. Having a select-all should be priority for e-mail.
    I've been looking for the same thing myself and was surprised when I found it didn't exist. This would be particularly useful for deleting everything in the Trash folder. We should be able to just longpress the Trash folder and have a "delete all" option.

As far as "go to gmail" answer, some of us have POP3 accounts on other domains, so gmail is useless in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by ibcradio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post
    I was wondering if anyone had news on if there will ever be a bulk e-mail delete on android or if one even exists?

A 'select all' feature would be great. Having a select-all should be priority for e-mail.
    I've been looking for the same thing myself and was surprised when I found it didn't exist. This would be particularly useful for deleting everything in the Trash folder. We should be able to just longpress the Trash folder and have a "delete all" option.

As far as "go to gmail" answer, some of us have POP3 accounts on other domains, so gmail is useless in that regard.

I agree. I find it frustrating, especially when I forget to delete the items in my trash right after I delete them from my INBOX. Kind of sucks seeing TRASH -65.

Anyways, if Google had a legitimate support line/e-mail maybe this could be fixed. Their forums are JackSh*t for answers =p. Just sayin.

this is one of the reasons I use k9 for my pop3 account

Quote Originally Posted by nxtiak View Post
    My comment wasn't a smartass comment, it was the only option since you can't on the phone .

Anyways seems like you don't even read these emails just the header and you want to delete them? Maybe you should set up some filters and what not.

Or do what I do, I set the gmail app to go to next convo after I take action on the current email. So I go to the first unread email, and I delete/archive/whatever, and it goes to the next newest, and I keep doing that.

Also Gmail is "designed" to not delete emails, you're suppose to archive
    The problem isn't with gmail, since there is a workaround for that. The main problem is with the regular email reader since it saves deleted email into a bin on the phone even though I have my accounts set to IMAP. And a filter won't help because all deleted email goes to the trash bin.

I agree with the op i think this is a major problem and i don't understand why it hasn't been implemented yet. A select all button would be all I need. I'm not stupid, really, i can handle the power.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links