Bulk E-mail delete

This is a discussion on Bulk E-mail delete within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I was wondering if anyone had news on if there will ever be a bulk e-mail delete on android or if one even exists? A ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bulk E-mail delete

Bulk E-mail delete

I was wondering if anyone had news on if there will ever be a bulk e-mail delete on android or if one even exists?

A 'select all' feature would be great. Having a select-all should be priority for e-mail.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

cxm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post
    I was wondering if anyone had news on if there will ever be a bulk e-mail delete on android or if one even exists?

A 'select all' feature would be great. Having a select-all should be priority for e-mail.
    not sure about select all, but you can delete multiple messages just by highlighting the tick next to each message you want to delete, then hitting the delete button that appears

Quote Originally Posted by cxm View Post

not sure about select all, but you can delete multiple messages just by highlighting the tick next to each message you want to delete, then hitting the delete button that appears
    Yea I knew that, its just a pain in the ass to check-off each email and then hit delete. It's so much easier to select all and choose the emails you want.

A simple 'empty trash' would be very beneficial. Isn't this something an email app should have, or is it just me? Lol

Get on the PC and go to gmail.com

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nxtiak View Post

I wasn't looking for a smartass answer. This is a feature every smartphone should have. Even my POS iPhone had it......

I wasn't looking for a smartass answer. This is a feature every smartphone should have. Even my POS iPhone had it......
    Are you wanting to do bulk delete because you're getting a lot of spam/junk emails? If you are, just a suggestion, but logon from a computer, and go to each of those emails and unsubscribe to them. I know it will be a PIA, but I recently did that before deleting them, and I'm not getting as much crap anymore. It does take sometime but it helped me...just thought I'd share.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post

Are you wanting to do bulk delete because you're getting a lot of spam/junk emails? If you are, just a suggestion, but logon from a computer, and go to each of those emails and unsubscribe to them. I know it will be a PIA, but I recently did that before deleting them, and I'm not getting as much crap anymore. It does take sometime but it helped me...just thought I'd share.
    I appreciate the feedback iPhoneSlayer. Hopefully bulk e-mail delete or a 'select all' feature is available soon. I'm tired of checking off each individual e-mail lol.

My comment wasn't a smartass comment, it was the only option since you can't on the phone .

Anyways seems like you don't even read these emails just the header and you want to delete them? Maybe you should set up some filters and what not.

Or do what I do, I set the gmail app to go to next convo after I take action on the current email. So I go to the first unread email, and I delete/archive/whatever, and it goes to the next newest, and I keep doing that.

Also Gmail is "designed" to not delete emails, you're suppose to archive

My comment wasn't a smartass comment, it was the only option since you can't on the phone .

Anyways seems like you don't even read these emails just the header and you want to delete them? Maybe you should set up some filters and what not.

Or do what I do, I set the gmail app to go to next convo after I take action on the current email. So I go to the first unread email, and I delete/archive/whatever, and it goes to the next newest, and I keep doing that.

Also Gmail is "designed" to not delete emails, you're suppose to archive
    Yea I apologize for my comment. I'm just frustrated that the email app doesn't have such a feature. Oh well. Lol thanks for the input though!

You can do this via Skyfire browser and logging into gmail from your phone.
    your welcome!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links