Do I need to add a tethering plan?

This is a discussion on Do I need to add a tethering plan? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I have my Nexus One on ATT. I recently upgraded to 2.2 and the wifi hotspot and tethering are very nifty features. I used to ...

Thread: Do I need to add a tethering plan?

Do I need to add a tethering plan?

I have my Nexus One on ATT. I recently upgraded to 2.2 and the wifi hotspot and tethering are very nifty features. I used to have a Blackberry Bold a long time ago and I had to get the plans in order to use those features. It seems that you have to get that plan no matter what phone you have if you are on ATT. Buuut... The feature works just fine with my Nexus One and I am not paying for any fancy tethering plan. Do I need to add it? Im confused. I don;t want to get hit with a massive cell phone bill from using it.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Do you have unlimited data plan?
    -Phunds
    :nexusx: Nexus One owner since: January 11th, 2010
    :nexusx: Rooted! Android 2.2 FROYO CM6.1 RC

phundsblog.blogspot.com | twitter.com/phunds | facebook.com/phunds

I sure do! But I also had unlimited data previously with my BB and they still made me get the tethering plan since I would be using that feature.

Quote Originally Posted by k20z3kid View Post
    I sure do! But I also had unlimited data previously with my BB and they still made me get the tethering plan since I would be using that feature.
    Did you get your Nexus One from them?

I'd just keep quiet about it unless you really have the desire to pay more to use the same data connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post

I'd just keep quiet about it unless you really have the desire to pay more to use the same data connection.
    Nah, I bought it unlocked from Google. I don't even think ATT offers the Nexus One. I guess I will keep it hush hush. Not looking to pay a lot of moola if I don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post

Nah, I bought it unlocked from Google. I don't even think ATT offers the Nexus One. I guess I will keep it hush hush. Not looking to pay a lot of moola if I don't have to.
    LOL That was a rhetorical question.... and now you're got the right idea....

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links